Boutique of the Week: Savvy Girl
This spot in the Red Bird Shopping Center caters to the clotheshorse in all of us.
By Maria Tettamanti
Where do Miami's shrewdest stylistas shop? At Savvy Girl, of course. Tucked inside Red Bird Shopping Center on Bird Road, the store is the destination for in-the-know clotheshorses.
Miami native and owner Kristy Ferradas has been in the boutique biz since age 16. "I instantly fell in love with the fashion industry and knew that I was destined to open a store of my own one day," she said.
That day came a little over a year ago, and Savvy Girl remains a favorite shopping haunt amongst locals. "My customer is a fashion-forward woman who loves being in style and having the latest trends. She is the woman who never has the same dress as anyone else - she stands out and always looks great!"
Set amongst minimalist white walls, dark-wood floors and funky chandeliers the store evokes a homey vibe. Up for grabs are labels such as Yumi Kim, Rachel Pally, Young Fabulous and Broke, Hudson Jeans, Mystique Sandals, Alexis, Ramona La Rue and more.
"We carry everything from nice dresses to casual clothes and jeans," Ferradas said. "I try to appeal to all different customers by carrying a wide range of price points. A dress can range from $50 to $400."
Savvy Girl, 5781a Southwest 40th Street, Miami; (305) 665-9833.
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood