Boutique of the week: Pink Blush
From the pink walls to the pink hangers, this one-year-old shop oozes girliness.
By Annie Vazquez
Pink Blush boutique oozes femininity. From the pink walls to the pink hangers, the one-year-old shop situated in a Bird Road strip mall is all about trendy garbs, accessories and shoes at wallet friendly prices.
Owner Mayra Saldana says she opened up the store because clients from her neighboring Impulse shop, which sells couture clothing, asked her to.
“A lot of my customers from Impulse have daughters who don’t like to wear the same outfit twice and here you can find good quality clothing for under $115,” says the 42- year-old mother of two whose been in the retail biz for 17 years.
Saldana, a Cuban transplant, first started out selling silver jewelry with her Simply Silver shops and then moved onto clothing with boutiques like Sparkle in Coconut Grove, and Rouge on Miracle before opening up her two current stores. With Pink Blush her clientele ranges from 18 to 40 and is mostly comprised she says of UM students and residents from Coral Gables, South Miami and Kendall.
The popular merchandise in the cozy shop is glam cocktail frocks, floor skimming maxis and daytime dresses in multi hues and patterns by labels like Hourglass Lily, Alythea, Glam and Lulmari. There’s also plenty of chic boho tops by Just Sweet, tunics by Ceres, jeans by Flying Monkey and pants suits by Pauln RC.
For the fashionista looking to snag stylish accessories and footwear you’ll find jewelry with semi precious stones by Lexi, hair clips and headbands by Evita Peroni and Poodlies. There’s also quirky totes by Vanessa Bulton and flats as well as wedges by local designer Aily V. And new to the shop is bikinis from Sauipe Swimwear which Saldana boasts was featured in this year’s Sports Illustrated swimwear issue. Best times to shop are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday says the Miami-Dade Community College graduate. “We get new stuff on those days, but you have to be quick because we sell out fast.”
Pink Blush, 6554 Bird Road, 305-663-1083
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood