Boutique of the week: Onda Love
New accessories boutique Onda Love proves there's hope for chain-tastic Cocowalk yet.
By Nikki Novo
Any true Miami girl will tell you: accessories are not just an afterthought, but a necessity. In honor of the well-accessorized - but not always original - Miami women, Carolina Fernandez is spreading the love around to all bling junkies with her new accessories boutique Onda Love. Unexpectedly located on the first floor of chain-happy Cocowalk, the girlie storefront is accessorized itself -- with colorful pieces of furniture and vibrant hand-painted wallpaper from Fernandez's native Colombia.
While studying Fashion Merchandise at Miami International University, Fernandez began to sell pieces of jewelry from her hometown to classmates. "People loved all the pieces," says Fernandez. "I think mostly because it was something different." What began as a hobby later turned into a family business and, now, a sought-after boutique.
Upon entering you'll find a wall of jewelry: necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings for all occasions and prices, from cheap to "charge it!" Onda Love prides itself on unique pieces like silver flower earrings with emerald stone centers and semi-precious stone rings made of raw citrine, amber, Australian opal and emerald. In addition to the artistic silver and stone pieces, there's everyday chunky necklaces made of horn, charm bracelets and earrings to match any color in your wardrobe.
Handbags in vibrant hues -- metallic purple and yellow totes, candy apple red shoulder bags - are also up for grabs.
Can't you just feel the love?
Onda Love, 3015 Grand Ave, Ste 157, 305-448-9822
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood