Boutique of the week: Nanette Lepore
Shop like a celeb in this modern-baroque setting in Bal Harbour.
By Maria Tettamanti
What do Hollywood IT girls Blake Lively, Freida Pinto, Katherine Heigl and Eva Longoria Parker have in common? All of them adore the designs of Nanette Lepore. And with the recent Nanette Lepore premiere boutique opening in Bal Harbour Shops, now you can too.
Like Lepore’s feminine and coquettish designs, the 1,850 square-foot space exudes a romantic, modern-baroque look. Vintage chandeliers, pale pink high-tech marble floors and oversized antique mirrors adorn the shop. The Bal Harbour boutique establishes Lepore’s tenth freestanding shop joining its New York, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Las Vegas, Chicago, Chevy Chase and Boston sisters.
Up for grabs are Lepore’s full ready-to-wear, shoe and fragrance collections. Best known for her vibrant prints and fitted silhouettes, Lepore’s lines embody a flirty, fun and youthful feel. After all, Lepore’s been designing since the tender age of nine. Her first couture look? Adorning her neighbor in a floral bedspread, beaded choker and makeup. The pièce de résistance? Lepore had the gussy-upped friend pose in the family’s front yard behind a hand-painted sign reading “Lepore.”
Today, Lepore designs in her atelier in New York alongside her husband Robert Savage — a far cry from her humble Ohio-based beginnings. And while her brand boasts a fierce following amongst editors, socialites and starlets, the everyday woman loves her. Because let’s face it, no woman can resist a flirty, fitted frock.
Nanette Lepore in Bal Harbour Shops, 9700 Collins Avenue; Bal Harbour; (305) 861-8212.
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood