Boutique of the Week: M-M Couture
The last time you schlepped to Kendall was to get your skate on at Hot Wheels. Here's a reason to go today.
8831 SW 107 Avenue, Kendall
The lowdown: Best friends and shop-a-holics, Michelle Goicouria and Maria Macias started off doing trunk shows out of their home for a few women and nine months later they gave birth to their first boutique.
The 'hood: Sandwiched between a Power Pizza and a dentist office, M-M Couture is inside the Kendall Mall which is anchored by chains like Publix and Bally Total Fitness. Making it the ideal spot for any gal who wants to squeeze in some errands and stop by for a trendy garb.
The vibe: The shop is decorated in the duo’s favorite colors: aquamarine and chocolate. Everything from the walls to the leather ottomans to an oversized lamp is in those shades. Adding a little Zen flair to the feminine shop are two giant Buddha perched above shelves and Buddha Bar tunes spilling out the store’s speakers.
Highlights: Clothing sizes at the boutique run from a size 2 to 16. Brands include everything from Donna Morgan and Maggy London to trendier labels such as Collective Concepts and Rubber Ducky. There are also bikinis by Bianca Coletti, wedges by Aily V and clutches and handbags by Big Buddha.
The owner says: “We’ve been told we have really low prices compared to other places. Our Rubber Ducky dresses which sell in other shops for $90, we sell for $56 and our Big Buddha bags retail for $68 while Victoria’s Secret sells them for $99.”
Customers say: “Finally, a trendy boutique in Kendall which has great prices and carries everything from work attire to sexy evening wear.”
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town