Boutique of the Week: M-M Couture
The last time you schlepped to Kendall was to get your skate on at Hot Wheels. Here's a reason to go today.
8831 SW 107 Avenue, Kendall
The lowdown: Best friends and shop-a-holics, Michelle Goicouria and Maria Macias started off doing trunk shows out of their home for a few women and nine months later they gave birth to their first boutique.
The 'hood: Sandwiched between a Power Pizza and a dentist office, M-M Couture is inside the Kendall Mall which is anchored by chains like Publix and Bally Total Fitness. Making it the ideal spot for any gal who wants to squeeze in some errands and stop by for a trendy garb.
The vibe: The shop is decorated in the duo’s favorite colors: aquamarine and chocolate. Everything from the walls to the leather ottomans to an oversized lamp is in those shades. Adding a little Zen flair to the feminine shop are two giant Buddha perched above shelves and Buddha Bar tunes spilling out the store’s speakers.
Highlights: Clothing sizes at the boutique run from a size 2 to 16. Brands include everything from Donna Morgan and Maggy London to trendier labels such as Collective Concepts and Rubber Ducky. There are also bikinis by Bianca Coletti, wedges by Aily V and clutches and handbags by Big Buddha.
The owner says: “We’ve been told we have really low prices compared to other places. Our Rubber Ducky dresses which sell in other shops for $90, we sell for $56 and our Big Buddha bags retail for $68 while Victoria’s Secret sells them for $99.”
Customers say: “Finally, a trendy boutique in Kendall which has great prices and carries everything from work attire to sexy evening wear.”
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District