Boutique of the Week: Marimekko Miami
C'mon get happy and hop on over to the Design District's recent addition.
The lowdown: Is your pad totally drab? For a shot of life and color, hit the Marimekko Miami store. Bold and bright, the Finnish design house’s iconic creations are just what the interior decorator ordered to add some pizzazz to your place.
The ‘hood: Why yes, another SoBe staple has jumped ship. Marimekko Miami relocated from its old digs on Miami Beach to where else? The Design District, of course. Owner Cristina Dominguez says, “We chose to open shop here because we have design-minded customers and want to be at the center of what is new in art and design.”
The vibe: Think fun, colorful and laidback — just like Marimekko’s makings. The 3,157 square foot space provides a clean and simple palette for Marimekko’s intrepid pieces.
Highlights: As one of only three full concept lifestyle showrooms in the U.S., Marimekko Miami houses furniture, accessories, towels, linens, fabrics (even outdoor!), wall coverings, fashions and books.
The owner says: “Our aim is to bring art to everyday life with timeless design at affordable prices,” Dominguez says.
Customers say: This spot is all things vibrant and happy.
3940 North Miami Avenue, Design District
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami