Boutique of the Week: Marimekko Miami
C'mon get happy and hop on over to the Design District's recent addition.
3940 North Miami Avenue, Design District
The lowdown: Is your pad totally drab? For a shot of life and color, hit the Marimekko Miami store. Bold and bright, the Finnish design house’s iconic creations are just what the interior decorator ordered to add some pizzazz to your place.
The ‘hood: Why yes, another SoBe staple has jumped ship. Marimekko Miami relocated from its old digs on Miami Beach to where else? The Design District, of course. Owner Cristina Dominguez says, “We chose to open shop here because we have design-minded customers and want to be at the center of what is new in art and design.”
The vibe: Think fun, colorful and laidback — just like Marimekko’s makings. The 3,157 square foot space provides a clean and simple palette for Marimekko’s intrepid pieces.
Highlights: As one of only three full concept lifestyle showrooms in the U.S., Marimekko Miami houses furniture, accessories, towels, linens, fabrics (even outdoor!), wall coverings, fashions and books.
The owner says: “Our aim is to bring art to everyday life with timeless design at affordable prices,” Dominguez says.
Customers say: This spot is all things vibrant and happy.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District