Calling all couch potatoes: Tired of schlepping to the mall? Give Love-E in-home boutique a whirl.
The lowdown: Tired of traipsing to the mall? Then have the stores come to you. How? Give Love-E Boutique a holler. “We’re the easiest, no-hassle place to shop at because you don't even have to leave your house! We bring all the latest trends and boutique brands right to you, and the best part — since we have no overhead — we can offer them to you at a fraction of the cost,” says 28-year-old owner Jennifer Gonzalez. The only catch? All you’ve got to do is invite 10 or more pals.
The ‘hood: That depends on your address. In the last ten months, Gonzalez has thrown seven public trunk shows and eleven private parties all over South Florida.
Highlights: Named after Gonzalez’s two loves — her boyfriend Eric and sister Erika — Love-E sells a mishmash of clothing labels like Collective Concepts, Ark & Co., Alythea, Theme, Flying Tomato, Monoreno, Lani and more. For handbags, there’s Big Buddha and for accessories, there’s local Miami designer MichMade. Prices range from $5 for jewelry to $68 for duds.
The added bonus: Gonzalez sets up the date and time for the host. As a thank you for having the trunk show at their home, proprietors earn $10 for every $100 dollars spent by their guests (up to $60) toward their purchase.
The owner says: “What’s more special than making people feel special? My experience lets them shop like a celebrity. I bring the shopping to them and all they have to do is have a great time buying clothes with their friends! Let’s not forget that the hostess gets free money to spend,” Gonzalez adds.
To schedule a Love-E fete, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District