Boutique of the Week: Lounge
Finally, a reason to brave Aventura mall -- besides the hot nuts cart, of course.
By Elizabeth Stewart
Seems everyone in Miami is jumping on the lounge bandwagon these days. But when your friend tells you the new hot lounge is in a mall, you can't help but give her a perplexed look. Un-***** your eyebrow: This Lounge is a newly opened boutique bringing not only some of the chicest threads, but an innovative shopping concept to the sexy city of Miami.
Originally from Soho, Lounge is the vision of Owner Jack Menashe who credits his trademark concept "shoptainment" -- a blend of music, shopping, eating and drinking into one unique experience -- as the key ingredient in the success story of his shopping emporium. Upon entering, you feel as if you've just stepped into an exotic European gallery, immediately making you forget there's a food court a few yards down. And with its own valet entrance, you can by-pass the mall element all together.
The 6,000 sq.-ft. space is electrified with vibrant colors and a mix of antique and modern furnishings, including an in-house apothecary, vintage vanities lined with Jonathan Adler candles and even a Moluccan Cockatoo sitting pretty in its antique cage. For the hungry shopper, there's also a café serving beer, wine, gelato, paninis and specialty teas and filled with international newspapers and travel books.
The designer duds are as intoxicating as the works of arts lining the walls. Women can drool over high-end accessories and lines, including Versace, Paul & Joe, D&G, Vivienne Westwood and signature Alexander McQueen luggage. Unlike other co-ed Miami boutiques, menswear doesn't take a backseat. Guy pickings include McQ, Buddhist Punk, Rick Owens, in addition to a wall solely dedicated to stylish kicks and shades.
"Our lines for Miami are a little more sophisticated, but still very hip," Menashe says. "And that's what we are trying to be down there."
Lounge, Aventura Mall, 19501 Biscayne Blvd; 305-936-9800; www.loungemiami.com
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District