Boutique of the week: Kore
This shop's all about cheap chic: we want you to want their stuff.
By Annie Vazquez
Situated along the Biscayne Corridor, Kore is stocked with cheap-chic clothing, shoes and accessories, all from L.A. and priced under $110. Brands like Rubber Ducky, Sole Mio, Do&Be, The Hanger and Lush are best-sellers.
"Our client is open-minded and urban," says 29-year-old Danny Sanchez, owner of Kore. "You wont find her partying every week at South Beach clubs, but you'll probably see her hanging out in the Design District," he adds while thumbing through clothing racks and chatting with store manager Natallye Alzerreca.
Aside from owning Kore, which was in the Upper Eastside before it relocated four months ago, Sanchez has two others: Mia on Bird Road and Addict, slated to open Friday in North Miami Beach.
"I grew up in the fashion business," touts the St. Brendan alumnus, who ran his first store in Coconut Grove straight out of high school with his savings and some help from his parents. "My grandmother use to sell Tahari suits when she came from Cuba and my mom worked in retail since she was 15," he says.
Sanchez's spunky store is mostly bathed in white, but the monotony is broken up by a lacquered-acetone stained floor, unfinished ceiling, rainbow-speckled curtain and framed art work. There are orange and purple print dresses, flowy polka-dot blouses and a variety of this summer's ubiquitous maxi dresses.
The shoe selection includes heels and bejeweled sandals by Bamboo. Nearby, an assortment of nameless bowling bags, purses and clutches all sit on top of tables. Jewelry from oversized rings to charm bracelets and dainty necklaces is spread across the check out table.
As for shopping at his store, Sanchez offers one piece of advice. "If you like it, buy it," he says. "I only buy a few select pieces and what's here today will be gone tomorrow."
Kore, 2925 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-573-8211
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood