Boutique of the week: Julian Chang
Peruvian-born designer Julian Chang’s flagship boutique is posh take on one-stop-shopping.
By Virginia Gil
The lowdown: Peruvian-born designer Julian Chang’s flagship boutique is posh take on one-stop-shopping. Chang offers a cornucopia of couture options, including pieces from his Ready To Wear collection as well as a variety of evening gowns. His latest endeavor is a resort collection made with stretch jersey material. The boutique also carries various up and coming designers, like SugarLips and MiiGai. Price points vary and can range from $95 for a top to upwards of $400 for a gown. Accessories also abound at Julian Chang with handbags by La Lucca and jewelry by local designer Septimo.
The 'hood: Since moving slightly South from his previous outpost on Biscayne Boulevard, Julian Chang is aptly situated in one of Miami’s growing shopping districts. Squeezed into a small row of other shops, Julian Chang offers convenient parking behind the store. Shoppers are buzzed in before entering, so remember to ring the doorbell -- consider it an homage neighborhood’s troubled past.
The vibe: Elegant and inviting. Chang’s design aesthetic radiates throughout the intimate boutique. “I wanted to do something that was modern but at the same sleek and cozy,” says Chang. From the red wall to a black and white palette, the focus is on bold shapes and colors.
Highlights: Fans of his collections can have a one of a kind design made exclusively by Julian Chang. Options for custom-made designs include suits, evening gowns and Ready To Wear pieces.
According to Chang, they generally take two weeks to a month to complete and start at $800. The owner says: “The fact that I’m based in Miami is a big part of my inspiration. All of our collections have that Latin flavor. I always keep in mind that in Miami, a woman wants to feel sophisticated and sexy at the same time.”
Customers say: A fan of the designer’s evening dresses, Janette Del Toro says she turns to Chang when it comes to looking impeccable. “[His] evening dresses are gorgeous and fit fabulously,” she says.
Julian Chang, 6667 Biscayne Blvd.
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District