What's up, bra? Just-opened lingerie boutique Journelle is making a sexy splash on Lincoln Road.
The lowdown: Victoria’s Secret, watch your back, there’s a new kid on the block. And her name is Journelle. Just opened on Miami Beach, lingerie lovers can leaf through Journelle’s collection of everyday bras, comfy chemises and ultra-sexy pieces. Founder Claire Chambers says, “We’re a specialty lingerie store carrying over 50 famous brands from around the world.”
The ‘hood: Nestled on Lincoln Road, Journelle’s neighbors include the new Y-3 boutique, Anthropologie and Banana Republic. “We’re the prettiest block on Lincoln Road,” Chambers says.
The ambience: Think urban boudoir with punches of purple. White-oak floors, linen couch, amethyst-colored suede panels and bookcase (The Progressive Housewife, anyone?) create a refined vibe. Lingerie is sprinkled throughout the boutique and merchandised in a come-touch-me manner. “We are all things elegant and sophisticated,” Chambers adds.
Highlights: “We make lingerie shopping enjoyable, for once! Our store is gorgeous, our associates are friendly and we carry the best lingerie,” Chambers says. Designers such as Hanky Panky, Chantelle, Elle Macpherson Intimates and La Perla are up for keeps. Pluck a Timpa duet underwire bra ($33), Elle Macpherson dentelle bra ($65) or Bodas sheer tactel underwire ($72) from the sexy shop.
The owner says: “Women often assume lingerie is for special occasions, but at Journelle, we help them find pretty bras that can be worn every day. We’re pro-lingerie,” Chambers adds.
1109 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood