Boutique of the Week: Jolie
International babies and hunky hubbies on sale here. Or just really cool clothes.
By Nikki Novo
You really can't go wrong with the name Jolie. In France it means pretty. Around the world, it's synonymous with a superhuman milf of six with a sex symbol for a husband. And locally, it represents a newly opened high-end boutique that has all the ladies in Coral Gables switching over to Team Jolie.
"My inspiration behind the store was a pastry shop. I love sweets and I wanted to make the boutique a place filled with beautiful, sweet, delicate things that when displayed together will look irresistible to women," says owner Ana Maria Garcia-Ordoñez.
Garcia-Ordoñez's vision instantly comes alive in the décor - lavender walls, a purple crystal chandelier, an Alice-in-Wonderland-sized mirror and lustrous white furniture - and the sweets are in the form of alluring lines, including playful Voom, Yoana Baraschi dresses, Public Library tees, Prairie NYC tops and affordable items by Frenzii.
In addition to homegrown favorites, Garcia-Ordoñez aspires to create a platform for Latin American designers to showcase their work, which includes long, flowy dresses by Argentine Karina Grimaldi, sexy Palmarosa swimwear and unique jewelry made of colorful ceramic and tagua seeds from the owner's native Colombia. Pair it all with shiny Mystique sandals and a Limon Piel leather bag, which features a braided strap handmade by a Colombian Indian tribe. As you're handing over your plastic at the register, check out greeting cards, games, Thomas Paul silk accent pillows and Knock -Knock paper pads.
We feel pretty already.
Jolie, 1546 South Dixie Hwy, Coral Gables; 305-667-4850
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood