Boutique of the week: Hip.e
Head on over to this Miracle Mile spot for the latest ready-to-wear fashions.
By Maria Tettamanti
The lowdown: The hip like to hop on over to Miracle Mile’s Hip.e boutique for the latest ready-to-wear fashions. Owner Mari Alarcon-Grimalt says, “We’re the local one-stop shop for every fashionista’s work or party wardrobe — and we pride ourselves on top-notch customer service.”
The ‘hood: Located smack dab in the middle of Downtown Coral Gables’ Miracle Mile, Hip.e is enveloped by other boutiques, restaurants, art galleries and entertainment hot spots. Many professionals work near Miracle Mile making it the place to shop during an otherwise mundane lunch break.
The vibe: “Hip.e combines high fashion with a relaxed atmosphere to create a funky ambiance,” Alarcon-Grimalt says. Slate-colored walls, red Murano chandelier, contemporary black and red lacquer mirrors, Indonesian tables and flat-screen TVs conjure a carefree feel. Highlights: Fashion-forward designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Tibi, Rebecca Taylor, Milly, Robert Rodriguez, Trina Turk, Tracy Reese, Vera Wang and more are in store.
The owner says: “It’s hard to stop in and walk away empty handed,” Alarcon-Grimalt confesses.
Customers say: “I create fashion statements with the items I buy from Hip.e and always receive compliments on them,” says customer Carolina Ferreiro.
Hip.e, 359 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; (305) 445-3693.
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District