Boutique of the week: Filene's Basement
Move over Loehmann's, there's a new designer bargain mecca in town.
By Maria Tettamanti
Bargainistas, behold the Mecca of markdowns - Filene's Basement. Dig up designer duds and more at this legendary Boston-born "off price" store known for its bargains and annual Running of the Brides wedding dress stampede, er, sale. Recently opened in Aventura, Filene's Basement is where shoppers can covet clothing, shoes, hats, luggage, jewelry (even bling!), perfumes and lingerie always 30 to 60 percent off the original price. Sweet.
What's in store? Ed Hardy tees that were $62, now selling for $39. A Gucci handbag that was $750, marked down to $569. Seven for all Mankind jeans retailing at $140, now for $99. Other cool clothing labels include Missoni, Vera Wang Lavender Label, Twelfth St. by Cynthia Vincent, Giorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Rachel Roy and Walter.
Men, there's a whole section for you, too. Skip up to the second floor and brand name fashions such as Brioni, Tommy Bahama, Ralph Lauren, Armani and Valentino are yours for the taking. Posh tots can get their fashion fix as well. Kids Ben Sherman shirts, Polo onesies and Converse kicks are aplenty.
So look like a thousand bucks and add to your rainy-day fund. After all, saving is the new splurging.
Filene's Basement, 17651 Biscayne Blvd, Aventura; 305-936-2497; www.filenesbasement.com
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town