Tea, vintage accessories, and eco-friendly handbags: Emporium's got a little bit of everything.
By Maria Arguello
Emporium sits in a small strip on a quiet corner off LeJeune Road: In the middle of bustling Coral Gables, it's a world away from it all.
Upon entering the old fashioned, classic boutique, you're greeted with a warm hello and offered coffee or tea (Emporium sells Zamis, an exclusive coffee and tea line designed specifically for the store) and immediately feel as though you've wandered into your grandmother's closet: full of charm and elegance, understated yet sophisticated. Shelves are filled with small, intricate pieces, which often offer a modern twist to the traditional, and prices range from $5 chocolates and $4 aromatherapy incense wands to $400 Pashminas.
Every piece has a story, like the beautiful dog collars from Kenya, which are made of discarded material. Each collar takes an entire day to make, but this allows women to continue to live and work in Kenya. There are also caramels from France, rose petal preserves from Italy and linen clutches from Finland. Emporium also carries several vintage items, including ties that have been turned into belts by local designer Monica Granados and typewriter keys turned into rings.
Emporium also has one of the most uniquely feminine and sophisticated clothing racks you'll find in Miami. Although small, it's filled with finds from designers like Beth Bowley, Hype, Taka, and Voom.
Details are key in every aspect and area of the store, from one-of-a-kind, customized jewelry pieces to the interior design -- the dressing room a converted folding screen from Asia and the restroom is hand-painted and adorned with a vintage birdcage.
From organic baby clothes to eco-friendly designer handbags and whimsical paper goods, Emporium's owner, Sara Zamikoff, simply says she tried to have something for everyone.
4710 South LeJeune Dr., 786-268-0689; open Tues.-Sat., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood