Boutique of the week: Ekotik
If you green it and mean it, then this boutique is for you
By Maria Tettamanti
If you green it and mean it, Ekotik boutique is for you. Located at The Doubletree Grand Hotel, the shop houses natural, organic, recycled and eco-friendly items.
Already a fashion staple in Spain for more than 20 years, the recent Miami outpost is receiving a warm reception from South Florida greenies. Ekotik’s signature clothing line is made from Peruvian eco-cotton that’s ideal for Miami weather. Also on hand are recycled paper stationery, candy-wrapper handbags, handcrafted and natural jewelry, soy-based candles, spa goodies and organic toys.
The feel-good spot is splashed with emerald hues in the form of recycled glass bottles, paper collages, pillows and palm fronds. Artwork from the boutique’s youngest customers is also proudly on display. Prices range from $7 to $180 - making the competition green with envy.
Ekotik at The Grand Doubletree Hotel, 1717 N. Bayshore Dr., Suite 108, Miami; 305. 373.1032.
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Warby Parker Annex Finds New Home in Wynwood
- Designer Casa
- The Hub Stores Brings European Glamour to the 305
- Interview with OMEGA VP Raynald Aeschlimann
- Lost Boy Dry Goods
- Market Boutique in SoMi