Boutique of the week: Cream
South Miami's Cream is a wonderland of beauty products. (We always thought Alice could use a little more mascara.)
By Maria Arguello
Beauty is one of the ultimate, simple luxuries in life. Perfume can lighten your mood, eye shadow can add drama to your day, and a little concealer can work miracles.
South Miami is home to Cream, Miami's only boutique devoted solely to beauty, offering exclusive skincare, makeup and perfume lines -- from the well-established Bond 9 to the more up-and-coming Color On.
The boutique's interior has a charming boudoir feel, complete with crystal chandeliers. The attention to detail is evident in all facets of the store, including their array of upscale products. Their skin and makeup lines include Bliss, Kiehls, Sonya Dakar, Kevin Aucoi, and Trish McEvoy. They've also got Art of Shaving and Jack Black for the gentlemen.
Most of Cream's staffmembers are licensed aestheticians and can help you find that perfect look while still taking care of your skin. Plus, they'll stick around afterhours to provide both in-store and on-site make up application if customers call ahead. There's also makeup lessons, facials, brow waxing, lash application and lessons, customized gift baskets with local delivery and shipping available and private parties.
And soon, customers won't even have to put on makeup to buy makeup, as the boutique is planning on adding online retail.
We're blushing already.
Cream, 5820 Sunset Dr., South Miami; hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Mon-Sat, noon-5 p.m. Sunday; 305-669-9220.
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood