Boutique of the week: Chantik Imports
Bring your exotic side out while shopping for chic Balinese furniture in this trendy spot.
By Maria Tettamanti
“Chantik” means “pretty” in Balinese, so it’s only fitting that Chantik Imports is the go-to place for beautiful Indonesian exports. With a previous location in Hollywood, the store moved to the burgeoning MiMo District this past January. Owner Stuart Gitlin says, “I saw this area’s potential growth and left Hollywood after three other Indonesian stores moved to Fort Lauderdale.”
In business for the past 20 years, Chantik Imports carries a vivid array of Balinese furniture and home accessories. Giant masks, hand-carved statues, comfy sofas, oversized pillows, embellished mirrors, beaded lamps, hand-painted house fronts, colorful kites, net baskets, musical instruments and more are in store. Gitlin says, “The idea here is to bring one-of-a-kind handcrafted aged teak carved furniture, accessories and gifts not offered anywhere else for the discriminating customer who values quality and uniqueness at an affordable price.”
There’s also something to be said of the shop’s intoxicating and woody aroma. Gitlin says, “What separates Balinese goods from the rest is its craftsmanship handed down for centuries. Teak wood is beautiful and even durable outdoors. Our woods come from non-threatened woods and bamboo forests and embody a rustic, Old-World style.”
Eco friendly and gorgeous? You’ve got to love that.
Currently, Chantik Imports is running a 20% off furniture and up to 50% off accessories sale.
Chantik Imports, 6667 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami; (954) 559-2804.
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Kit and Ace Opens in Wynwood