Boutique of the week: Brenda's Boutique
Anyone from a little princess to a grandma can get lost in this ultimate girly-girl wonderland.
By Elizabeth Stewart
The lowdown: Anyone from a little princess to a grandma can get lost in this ultimate girly-girl wonderland, where it’s impossible not to find your inner child.
The ‘hood: Open for six years, Brenda Weninger's charming shop is located in a quiet corridor behind Akashi in Coconut Grove.
The vibe: Perfect for playtime. The boutique lures you in with bright colors and alluring scents from its Trapp candles. Playful items cover the tiny space such as pink boas and tutus dangling from the ceiling, glittered leggings and candles and costume jewelry including drop necklaces, over-sized rings and beaded earrings lining the far walls.
Highlights: On one side of the store is a section for little girls, featuring rows of ruffled dresses and an array of onsies including a few that read “my dad rocks.” Brenda adds her own personal touch by adding a vibrant ribbon to each girly piece and custom designs dresses and tutus in any color for ages 10 and under.
Cost for a Brenda original is anywhere from $36 to $48, depending on age. This, like every purchase, includes complimentary gift-wrap. There’s an entire wall covered with ribbon-adorned brown paper lunch sacks referred to as the “$5 grab bags.” Inside, instead of a PB&J, is a special (and secret) gift from the shop.
Owner says: “I’ve lived in the Grove for fifteen years and could never afford to shop anywhere,” said Brenda. “I wanted to bring affordable luxury to the area.”
Customers say: "I love wandering into Brenda's Boutique, it's really a gem in Coconut Grove," says Allison Robins. "She has all sorts of knick-knacks and jewelry - you could literally get lost in there for hours."'
The deal: Mention this story and receive 10% off anything in the store.
Brenda’s Boutique, 3092 Fuller St., Coconut Grove, 305.443.4662. Hours: 12 to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday, 12 to 10 p.m. Saturday and 12 to 8 p.m. Sunday.
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood