Boutique of the week: Boheme
Get that bohemian look without having to live like an extra in Rent.
By Virginia Gil
You've spent hours in front of the TV, watching Rent on repeat, fantasizing of a carefree bohemian existence. But who are you kidding? Slumming it in back alleys decked out in thrift store finds is so not your style. Lucky for you, recently opened Boheme on South Beach offers up an upscale alternative to your low-budget dreams.
Located on bustling West Avenue, the SoBe sister boutique of Boheme on Key Biscayne and Fisher Island is quickly becoming its very own boho haunt. Owners Lydia Pefaur and Edit Meurrens are, let's just say, "experts" in all things bohemian. Besides rummaging through their own closets for inspiration, Meurrens and Pefaur pick up unique pieces on their worldwide treks. Hundred-year-old wooden tables from Bali and the like make up the store's singular vibe.
But Pefaur's favorite? Scarves. From Indian silk to multi-colored cotton by Matta, no neck is left out in the cold at Boheme. Pefaur, who often dons the ubiquitous boho chic accessory herself, calls them "forever pieces." "We have things you can keep forever. Things that will never go out of style," she says. Adding a touch of shimmer is Meurrens' jewelry line, MADERA. The line's signature necklaces are made to order and can include anywhere from one to 15 diamond balls. The diamonds, cut using an antique Indian technique, lend a subtle sparkle, quickly taking you from boho to bobo (bohemian bourgeoisie, that is).
If channeling an Olsen twin's sense of bohemian chic is more your taste, Boheme carries well-known labels like Missoni, Etro and Pucci. Mixing it up, says Pefaur, is what it's all about. Environmentally minded shoppers can also channel their inner bohemians with ultra-soft tees made of organic cotton, weather-friendly linens and natural candles by Agraria. Eco-friendly clothing line Way It Should Be offers up seamless shirts with wooden buttons, and the line's labels, made of seeded paper, flower-pot ready.
Just make sure not to get any dirt on that silk scarf.
Boheme, 959 West Ave, ste. 5, Miami Beach; 305-531-9595
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood