Boutique of the week: Bloom
Finally, a shop stocking cheap, cute clothes on South Beach that won't have guys asking "how much?"
By Annie Vazquez
Between a Papa John's and a coin laundry sits Bloom Store, the perfect shop for the trendsetter on a budget. "It's been very easy for me to get clients because of my prices," says owner Luz Marie Suarez. Everything from apparel to accessories in the 700-square-foot South Beach store sells between $18-$49.
While you won't find well-known designer labels, the nine-month-old store boasts an eclectic mix of clothing in the latest styles of the season. Brightly hued dresses range from long and flowy to short and summery an assortment of bright hues, and tops include everything from T-shirts and striped tanks to sexy tunics with plunging backs. Bottoms to pair them with includes For Me jeans, shorts and skirts.
Dotted across the shelves are faux leather purses and totes. Flip-flops, platforms and scintillating high heels pepper wall ledges and the shop's floor. "I've been told I have similar stuff to Forever 21," says Suarez. "But I do have my own unique merchandise, like the Colombian bikinis I sell."
Despite carrying merchandise typically sold at shops that specialize in teen and young women's clothing, Suarez describes her clientele as mostly women in their 20s to 40s who like to go out to clubs and trendy spots and live in Miami Beach. "Most of them come in every week because I constantly have new merchandise," she says. "I love selling clothes for a living. I can't see myself doing anything else."
Bloom Store, 1108 15th St., Miami Beach; 305-604-0155
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley