Boutique of the week: Addict
If shopping is your crack, then it's about time you hit this spot.
By Annie Vazquez
Fashion junkies have a new shop in town to get their fix. The boutique, fittingly named Addict, is situated in North Miami Beach's Lotus Plaza and the ideal destination for the frugal fashionista. Those wanting designer-looking duds for less will be thrilled to know that Addict sells trendy clothing, accessories and shoes all under $110.
"We named the store Addict because women are addicted to fashion," says co-owner Roger Israel, who teamed up with Danny Sanchez, owner of boutiques, Mia on Bird Road and Kore in Downtown. "We opened up this location because we felt the area needed it. There are no boutiques around here unless you want to go to the mall," says Sanchez.
The décor of Addict is simple: white walls livened by sprinkles of color from pink dressing room curtains, blue rugs and chairs, mini red tables teeming with purses and a painting of Audrey Hepburn hanging behind the check out table.
When it comes to inventory, Sanchez says the shop is stocked with the same brands and styles he carries in his other stores. L.A. labels such as Do&Be, Bertinni and Collective Concept are the main attraction for the store's clientele that is comprised mostly of teens and stay-at-home moms. Though the omnipresent maxi dress remains a hot seller at the store, ladies ready to put the long dress to rest can nab plenty of short ones by Entro, Rubber Ducky and Sole Mio. Elegant flowy blouses and sexy evening tops from Trac and The Hanger are also abundant.
Shoeaholics loving the ubiquitous gladiator trend will find a variety of styles from heels to sandals to platforms by Bertinni and Bamboo. Accessories consist of faux snakeskin clutches, oversized handbags, colorful bowling bags and lots of chunky bangles, multi-hued charm bracelets and feminine necklaces.
Plans of launching another boutique are in the making. "We are looking to open it in the Hollywood or Hallandale area," says Sanchez.
Can we say: new addiction?
Addict, 15544 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach; 305-945-5323
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood