Boutique of the week: Acqua
Just because the economy looks bad doesn't mean you have to.
By Maria Tettamanti
Would you pay $500 for a frock? How about $200 for a night-on-the-town top? Come economic boom or bust, Acqua boutique owner Lupita Valdes would N-E-V-E-R. In fact, Valdes was on to something before the current monetary meltdown. "We opened the doors of our first location on Ponce de Leon in September 2002. We were one of the first trendy boutiques in an area that was solely known for being a bridal destination. We mixed it up with a variety of quality clothing and exceptional customer service at affordable prices." She adds, "Walking out with a dress that cost you $45 but having it look like $450 is buzz that has made Acqua what it is today - chic, stylish and affordable clothing for the modern woman."
Acqua recently re-opened its doors at 3138 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, and its new digs are delightful. Gray slate floors, white-washed walls, an oversized chandelier, contemporary lighting and a velvet-blue couch create an open yet cozy vibe. "Had a hectic day? Come on over. You will always find ladies sitting back, laughing having a glass of wine on the couch that serves as the comfortable first row area for the private fashion show - aka just the girls strutting out of the fitting rooms showing off their looks for the night out," Valdes says.
Labels like Lush, Collective Concepts, Ya, Rubber Ducky, Unit, Tua, Flying Tomato, Feline, Ark & Co., Scamps, Somme, Piace, Hourglass Lily, Miss Me, Lucca, San Souci, Ceres and more are in store. Items such as the classic LBD, BoHo blouses, wide-leg linen pants, pinstripe trousers, light-colored slacks, gold-fill bangles, wire-wrapped cocktail rings, semi-precious stone earrings, patterned scarves and stone pendants are up for keeps.
Their number-one seller? Valdes says, "Kiby's seamless thongs are an Acqua staple - sexy, comfortable and so affordable at $5, they make the competition cringe." Five-dollar panties? We're so there.
Acqua, 3138 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-447-1490
Shopped here? Leave a review!
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District