Boutique Hotels: A haute gift shop guide
Oh snap, you forgot to pack your fave Prada shades. Fear not: Miami's hotel gift shops aren't for postcards and cheap sarongs anymore.
By Maria Tettamanti
You're out of town and forgot to pack your fave Prada shades. Oh snap, what's a gal or guy to do? Fear not, for South Florida's hotel gift shops aren't for picture postcards and palm-frond-printed sarongs anymore - they've got your stylish sunglasses and more.
The Hotel: Trump International Beach Resort
The Shop: The Cabana Shop
The Goods: Find literally everything under the sun here: key resort-wear pieces like Elis for Jordan Taylor New York cover-ups, Sun 'n Sand beach bags and San Diego Hat Company large straw brim hats.
The Deets: Trump International Beach Resort; 18001 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach; 305-692-5600
The Hotel: The Delano
The Shop: BASE
The Goods: Leave it to BASE for all things eclectic and iconic. Get your claws on Comme des Garcons perfume, Clarins SPF, Maya bikinis, Y-3 hoodies and Louis Morais jewelry.
The Deets: The Delano; 1685 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-672-2000
The Hotel: The Setai
The Shop: Asprey
The Goods: Bust out the Benjamins for this Brit IT label. The Asprey outpost in The Setai carries everything from $160 key chains to a $37,000 croc-skin bar set.
The Deets: The Setai; 2001 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-520-6000
The Hotel: The Shore Club
The Shop: Elycia
The Goods: From candles to condoms, this lower-lobby-level shop has it all. Unearth Ergo and Karen Klein candles, Jack Black for Men products, Essie nail polish, Korres creams, Alessi housewares, Philippe Starck appliances and Naked Papers.
The Deets: The Shore Club; 1901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; 305-695-3100
The Hotel: Mandarin Oriental
The Shop: Karma
The Goods: There's an aura of awesomeness here. Grab a Rafé handbag, Prada sunglasses, Philippi Design money clips, Peter Pauper Press Asian journals, Ondade Mar bikinis and Mystique sandals.
The Deets: Mandarin Oriental; 500 Brickell Key Drive, Miami; 305-913-8288
- From The Falls to the Galleria to Boca Town Center, we've got all the malls.
- Sawgrass Mills Survival Guide
- This bud's for you: a flower shop guide
- 5 Reasons Shopping at Aventura Mall Just Got Better (And Sweeter!)
- Summer Fun 2016: Your Guide to Men’s and Women’s Summer-Centric Shopping Haunts in Miami
- Nine places to shop in Coconut Grove that captures the neighborhood’s personality
- 5 More Reasons Shopping at The Falls in Miami Just Got More Fabulous
- Dolphin Mall Shopping Guide
- Sunset Harbour Shopping Guide
- 5 Facts about The Falls Shopping Mall