Boutique on the Go
Fashion do's and don'ts from a local fashionista
9/9/2013Fashion should never take a back seat is what Altravia Johnson believes, which is why on Thursday, Sept. 19, Johnson is taking her Boutique on the Go to 829 NW 119th St. in Miami Gardens from 5-9 p.m. She created Style Me Thursday's Happy Hour — a girls night out fashion event — so every hardworking woman can dress to impress while networking. Thursday's event will feature affordable fall designs for ages 17-35.
Johnson's also says another reason why she created Boutique on the Go was to make trendy clothing more affordable and accessible to women of all sizes. Her fashion van commutes throughout the tri-county area and carries sizes small to xxx-large.
"A budget should never restrict a woman from achieve a trendsetting look," Johnson says.
Since fashion is her forte, Noire Miami asked Johnson to provide us with the ultimate Miami fall fashion do's and don'ts. Here's what she shared with us.
Miami Fashion Don'ts
1. Don't match from head to toe. Red earring, red dress, red shoes can be an overkill.
2. Don't be afraid of stripes. You can wear them vertically or horizontally.
3. Don't follow the trends. The most important person is you! Dress for your body type. You never go out of style.
Miami Fashion Do's
1. Invest in shorts suit. Miami weather can be unpredictable at times but this is a great look that can be worn in the day time as well as to clubs.
2. Wear white after labor day. White looks amazing in nightclub lighting. It gives off a high-maintenance look. Just be careful not to spill your red wine.
3. Have fun with fashion and break the rules! In Miami you can practically where anything and look like you're walking down the runway.
Thursday's event will include desserts for all shoppers and wine for ages 21 and up.
- 5 Things to Expect at the 3rd Annual REVOLT Music Conference
- Miami Soul: Carnival weekend party lineup - J'Ouvert, Soca Brainwash, Vale Vibe Breakfast Party, and more
- The 2016 Miami Broward Carnival Signature Events
- Miami Soul Labor Day weekend guide: AfroBeats Day Party, Day La Soul Day Party, The Jam 90's Party and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Amaris Jones' Sunday Remastered Dinner Party, Flow Fridays, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Grit, Grits, and Glitter; Brunch on the Bay, Sigma Cookout, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Lyric Live featuring Regina Belle, DanceAfrica Miami, Day La Soul day party, and more
- DanceAfrica Miami debuts August 5-7
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival