Boutique on the Go
Fashion do's and don'ts from a local fashionista
9/9/2013Fashion should never take a back seat is what Altravia Johnson believes, which is why on Thursday, Sept. 19, Johnson is taking her Boutique on the Go to 829 NW 119th St. in Miami Gardens from 5-9 p.m. She created Style Me Thursday's Happy Hour — a girls night out fashion event — so every hardworking woman can dress to impress while networking. Thursday's event will feature affordable fall designs for ages 17-35.
Johnson's also says another reason why she created Boutique on the Go was to make trendy clothing more affordable and accessible to women of all sizes. Her fashion van commutes throughout the tri-county area and carries sizes small to xxx-large.
"A budget should never restrict a woman from achieve a trendsetting look," Johnson says.
Since fashion is her forte, Noire Miami asked Johnson to provide us with the ultimate Miami fall fashion do's and don'ts. Here's what she shared with us.
Miami Fashion Don'ts
1. Don't match from head to toe. Red earring, red dress, red shoes can be an overkill.
2. Don't be afraid of stripes. You can wear them vertically or horizontally.
3. Don't follow the trends. The most important person is you! Dress for your body type. You never go out of style.
Miami Fashion Do's
1. Invest in shorts suit. Miami weather can be unpredictable at times but this is a great look that can be worn in the day time as well as to clubs.
2. Wear white after labor day. White looks amazing in nightclub lighting. It gives off a high-maintenance look. Just be careful not to spill your red wine.
3. Have fun with fashion and break the rules! In Miami you can practically where anything and look like you're walking down the runway.
Thursday's event will include desserts for all shoppers and wine for ages 21 and up.
- Miami Soul 2016 Black History Month events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul: Florida Memorial University's Homecoming lineup featuring T.I. in concert, tailgating, and more
- Miami International Boat Show celebrates 75th Anniversary bigger & better February 11-15
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Live jazz, beer tastings, and other things to do in South Florida Jan 28 - Jan 31
- GastroWars Knife-Fight Competition & Craft Beer Pairings
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day celebration events and Day of Service projects throughout South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Zo's Winter Groove, Big Night in Little Haiti, Wine & Reggae Festival and more
- Florida Grand Opera debuts rarely-performed opera, Bellini’s Norma
- iPic Theaters opens in North Miami Beach for luxury movie going experience
- Funk Fest kicks off the New Year with live performances by Fantasia, New Edition, Doug E. Fresh and more