Boutique on the Go
Fashion do's and don'ts from a local fashionista
9/9/2013Fashion should never take a back seat is what Altravia Johnson believes, which is why on Thursday, Sept. 19, Johnson is taking her Boutique on the Go to 829 NW 119th St. in Miami Gardens from 5-9 p.m. She created Style Me Thursday's Happy Hour — a girls night out fashion event — so every hardworking woman can dress to impress while networking. Thursday's event will feature affordable fall designs for ages 17-35.
Johnson's also says another reason why she created Boutique on the Go was to make trendy clothing more affordable and accessible to women of all sizes. Her fashion van commutes throughout the tri-county area and carries sizes small to xxx-large.
"A budget should never restrict a woman from achieve a trendsetting look," Johnson says.
Since fashion is her forte, Noire Miami asked Johnson to provide us with the ultimate Miami fall fashion do's and don'ts. Here's what she shared with us.
Miami Fashion Don'ts
1. Don't match from head to toe. Red earring, red dress, red shoes can be an overkill.
2. Don't be afraid of stripes. You can wear them vertically or horizontally.
3. Don't follow the trends. The most important person is you! Dress for your body type. You never go out of style.
Miami Fashion Do's
1. Invest in shorts suit. Miami weather can be unpredictable at times but this is a great look that can be worn in the day time as well as to clubs.
2. Wear white after labor day. White looks amazing in nightclub lighting. It gives off a high-maintenance look. Just be careful not to spill your red wine.
3. Have fun with fashion and break the rules! In Miami you can practically where anything and look like you're walking down the runway.
Thursday's event will include desserts for all shoppers and wine for ages 21 and up.
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 2: The party guide for Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul Ultimate Black Basel Guide - Part 1: Soul Basel, Art Africa, Fusion MIA, and more at Art Basel 2014
- Miami Soul: Ultra chic pop-up dining, Diner en Blanc, makes Miami debut
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Miami Reggae Fest, The Reggae Social, and more events
- 3rd Annual Art of Transformation: A series of artistic events celebrating the revitalization of Opa-locka
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Oprah's The Life You Want weekend & Covergirl Breakfast Power Meetup
- Emeline Michel holds benefit concert to benefit school in Haiti