Bourbon, Beer & 'Cue series returns to the Dutch this summer
Guest chefs cook with the Dutch's Conor Hanlon and Josh Gripper every Wednesday.
Several guest chefs will cook themed barbecue feasts at 7 p.m. every Wednesday this month beachside at The Dutch at W South Beach Hotel & Residences (2201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach).
Tickets are $40 ($55 for the July 30 event), including tax and tip; reservations are accepted but walk-ins are welcome. Drinks for purchase include $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons, $3 Tecates with a BBQ-rub rim, $9 bourbon cocktails and $40 punch bowls.
Dutch chef de cuisine Conor Hanlon and pastry chef Josh Gripper have this lineup set:
July 2: All-American Cookout featuring chef Jamie DeRosa of Tongue & Cheek. Apple-brined smoked BBQ chicken, smoked and barbecued mackerel sandwich, Texas-style smoked beef brisket, smoked garlic sausage.
July 9: Kansas City BBQ featuring chef Brad Kilgore of J&G Grill. Beef brisket, baby back ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos.
July 16: Korean BBQ featuring sous chef Levi Raines of The Dutch. Bulgogi beef skewers, Korean BBQ pork belly with sticky rice, Jaepchang stir-fry, housemade banchan.
July 23: Dirty South featuring chef James Seyba of Broken Shaker and Freehand Miami. Smoked spare ribs and chicken wings, collards with bacon, redneck tacos, Nashville-style hot chicken.
July 30: Battle of La Caja Chinas featuring chef Aaron Brooks of Edge Steak & Bar and Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPod Miami.
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach
- Taste of the Nation serves up food, wine and beer for charity in Miami Beach
- Chef Herb Wilson is out at new Red Ginger in South Beach
- Fox's Sherron Inn to close in South Miami after 69 years