Bourbon, Beer & 'Cue series returns to the Dutch this summer
Guest chefs cook with the Dutch's Conor Hanlon and Josh Gripper every Wednesday.
Several guest chefs will cook themed barbecue feasts at 7 p.m. every Wednesday this month beachside at The Dutch at W South Beach Hotel & Residences (2201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach).
Tickets are $40 ($55 for the July 30 event), including tax and tip; reservations are accepted but walk-ins are welcome. Drinks for purchase include $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons, $3 Tecates with a BBQ-rub rim, $9 bourbon cocktails and $40 punch bowls.
Dutch chef de cuisine Conor Hanlon and pastry chef Josh Gripper have this lineup set:
July 2: All-American Cookout featuring chef Jamie DeRosa of Tongue & Cheek. Apple-brined smoked BBQ chicken, smoked and barbecued mackerel sandwich, Texas-style smoked beef brisket, smoked garlic sausage.
July 9: Kansas City BBQ featuring chef Brad Kilgore of J&G Grill. Beef brisket, baby back ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos.
July 16: Korean BBQ featuring sous chef Levi Raines of The Dutch. Bulgogi beef skewers, Korean BBQ pork belly with sticky rice, Jaepchang stir-fry, housemade banchan.
July 23: Dirty South featuring chef James Seyba of Broken Shaker and Freehand Miami. Smoked spare ribs and chicken wings, collards with bacon, redneck tacos, Nashville-style hot chicken.
July 30: Battle of La Caja Chinas featuring chef Aaron Brooks of Edge Steak & Bar and Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPod Miami.
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall
- Burgers and pizzas: New Miami restaurants opening with the classics
- Go 'Undercover' with Edge Steak & Bar in Miami on Aug. 23
- Restaurants to compete for rent-free space in Miami's downtown arts district