Bourbon, Beer & 'Cue series returns to the Dutch this summer
Guest chefs cook with the Dutch's Conor Hanlon and Josh Gripper every Wednesday.
Several guest chefs will cook themed barbecue feasts at 7 p.m. every Wednesday this month beachside at The Dutch at W South Beach Hotel & Residences (2201 Collins Ave., Miami Beach).
Tickets are $40 ($55 for the July 30 event), including tax and tip; reservations are accepted but walk-ins are welcome. Drinks for purchase include $2 Pabst Blue Ribbons, $3 Tecates with a BBQ-rub rim, $9 bourbon cocktails and $40 punch bowls.
Dutch chef de cuisine Conor Hanlon and pastry chef Josh Gripper have this lineup set:
July 2: All-American Cookout featuring chef Jamie DeRosa of Tongue & Cheek. Apple-brined smoked BBQ chicken, smoked and barbecued mackerel sandwich, Texas-style smoked beef brisket, smoked garlic sausage.
July 9: Kansas City BBQ featuring chef Brad Kilgore of J&G Grill. Beef brisket, baby back ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos.
July 16: Korean BBQ featuring sous chef Levi Raines of The Dutch. Bulgogi beef skewers, Korean BBQ pork belly with sticky rice, Jaepchang stir-fry, housemade banchan.
July 23: Dirty South featuring chef James Seyba of Broken Shaker and Freehand Miami. Smoked spare ribs and chicken wings, collards with bacon, redneck tacos, Nashville-style hot chicken.
July 30: Battle of La Caja Chinas featuring chef Aaron Brooks of Edge Steak & Bar and Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPod Miami.
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money