Cocktail showdown at Florida Room
Miami's top bartenders compete for an array of prizes and you can join in on the fun.
Florida Room at Delano Hotel
1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Miami's best bartenders will engage in a head-to-head competition on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at the Delano Hotel's Florida Room, when Botran Rum puts some of Miami’s top bartenders to the test in an “Iron Chef”-style event.
The competition will feature 10 bartenders who will vie for $1,000 cash, an Apple iPad (16 GB) valued at $500 and a $250 gift certificate to CocktailKingdom.com. Judged by four industry insiders, the elimination round of the face-off takes place between 7 and 9 p.m. in an invitation-only event.
But at 9 p.m., the doors open to the public, who will be able to watch the final competition for all the cash and prizes in an "Iron Chef"-style mix-off.
Guests can also dance to live music by the Big Bounce and sip on specialty cocktails such as the Botran Reserva Apple Ginger Snap and the Botran Solera Perfect Storm, available for $10 until midnight, courtesy of host and master bartender Tommy Merolla.
For more information on Botran Rums check out www.botranrums.com. To RSVP for the Florida Room’s public event starting at 9 p.m., e-mail Dejha Carrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest