Cocktail showdown at Florida Room
Miami's top bartenders compete for an array of prizes and you can join in on the fun.
Florida Room at Delano Hotel
1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Miami's best bartenders will engage in a head-to-head competition on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at the Delano Hotel's Florida Room, when Botran Rum puts some of Miami’s top bartenders to the test in an “Iron Chef”-style event.
The competition will feature 10 bartenders who will vie for $1,000 cash, an Apple iPad (16 GB) valued at $500 and a $250 gift certificate to CocktailKingdom.com. Judged by four industry insiders, the elimination round of the face-off takes place between 7 and 9 p.m. in an invitation-only event.
But at 9 p.m., the doors open to the public, who will be able to watch the final competition for all the cash and prizes in an "Iron Chef"-style mix-off.
Guests can also dance to live music by the Big Bounce and sip on specialty cocktails such as the Botran Reserva Apple Ginger Snap and the Botran Solera Perfect Storm, available for $10 until midnight, courtesy of host and master bartender Tommy Merolla.
For more information on Botran Rums check out www.botranrums.com. To RSVP for the Florida Room’s public event starting at 9 p.m., e-mail Dejha Carrington at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Go Drink This: Gin & Tonic(s)
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight
- Go Drink This: Spanish-American War
- Go Drink This: Spicy Passion
- Go Drink This: Twentieth Century Cocktail
- Radio Bar in South Beach hosts complimentary monthly mixology classes
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash