Cocktail showdown at Florida Room
Miami's top bartenders compete for an array of prizes and you can join in on the fun.
Miami's best bartenders will engage in a head-to-head competition on Tuesday, Feb. 8 at the Delano Hotel's Florida Room, when Botran Rum puts some of Miami’s top bartenders to the test in an “Iron Chef”-style event.
The competition will feature 10 bartenders who will vie for $1,000 cash, an Apple iPad (16 GB) valued at $500 and a $250 gift certificate to CocktailKingdom.com. Judged by four industry insiders, the elimination round of the face-off takes place between 7 and 9 p.m. in an invitation-only event.
But at 9 p.m., the doors open to the public, who will be able to watch the final competition for all the cash and prizes in an "Iron Chef"-style mix-off.
Guests can also dance to live music by the Big Bounce and sip on specialty cocktails such as the Botran Reserva Apple Ginger Snap and the Botran Solera Perfect Storm, available for $10 until midnight, courtesy of host and master bartender Tommy Merolla.
For more information on Botran Rums check out www.botranrums.com. To RSVP for the Florida Room’s public event starting at 9 p.m., e-mail Dejha Carrington at email@example.com.
Florida Room at Delano Hotel
1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend
- 5 way to get your drink on without breaking the bank this weekend
- Is this hidden garden lounge Brickell's best kept secret?