Boston-based creamery Emack & Bolio's, El Rancho Grande, FLB & more coming to Purdy Ave.
Sunset Harbour Shops garage is getting some good tenants
The Sunset Harbour area of South Beach is sizzlin' and not just thanks to the Pubbelly mafia and the new soul food spot Georgia's Union. Moving into this buzzy 'hood, according to an insider, is Boston-based ice cream shop Emack & Bolio's, Juan Valdez Cafe, So Fi pizza place Fratelli la Bufala, allegedly Icebox Cafe, a bakery, and in a resurrection of sorts, former Lincoln Road Mexican mainstay El Rancho Grande, albeit under a different name. All will likely be tenants in the new retail and garage space being built along Purdy and Bay Aves. Another area insider tells us that Carroll Gardens (Brooklyn) pizza place Lucali is looking into opening in the space next to Barceloneta and, in an attempt to turn the neighborhood into a pizza hot spot, Miami Beach and downtown slicery Pizza Bar lists a Bay Road address on their website with the words 'coming soon'. Stay tuned.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!