Boston-based creamery Emack & Bolio's, El Rancho Grande, FLB & more coming to Purdy Ave.
Sunset Harbour Shops garage is getting some good tenants
The Sunset Harbour area of South Beach is sizzlin' and not just thanks to the Pubbelly mafia and the new soul food spot Georgia's Union. Moving into this buzzy 'hood, according to an insider, is Boston-based ice cream shop Emack & Bolio's, Juan Valdez Cafe, So Fi pizza place Fratelli la Bufala, allegedly Icebox Cafe, a bakery, and in a resurrection of sorts, former Lincoln Road Mexican mainstay El Rancho Grande, albeit under a different name. All will likely be tenants in the new retail and garage space being built along Purdy and Bay Aves. Another area insider tells us that Carroll Gardens (Brooklyn) pizza place Lucali is looking into opening in the space next to Barceloneta and, in an attempt to turn the neighborhood into a pizza hot spot, Miami Beach and downtown slicery Pizza Bar lists a Bay Road address on their website with the words 'coming soon'. Stay tuned.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo