Boston-based creamery Emack & Bolio's, El Rancho Grande, FLB & more coming to Purdy Ave.
Sunset Harbour Shops garage is getting some good tenants
The Sunset Harbour area of South Beach is sizzlin' and not just thanks to the Pubbelly mafia and the new soul food spot Georgia's Union. Moving into this buzzy 'hood, according to an insider, is Boston-based ice cream shop Emack & Bolio's, Juan Valdez Cafe, So Fi pizza place Fratelli la Bufala, allegedly Icebox Cafe, a bakery, and in a resurrection of sorts, former Lincoln Road Mexican mainstay El Rancho Grande, albeit under a different name. All will likely be tenants in the new retail and garage space being built along Purdy and Bay Aves. Another area insider tells us that Carroll Gardens (Brooklyn) pizza place Lucali is looking into opening in the space next to Barceloneta and, in an attempt to turn the neighborhood into a pizza hot spot, Miami Beach and downtown slicery Pizza Bar lists a Bay Road address on their website with the words 'coming soon'. Stay tuned.
1900 Bay Dr.
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: 4-star Plant Food and Wine tops 2016's best-reviewed restaurants