Boston-based creamery Emack & Bolio's, El Rancho Grande, FLB & more coming to Purdy Ave.
Sunset Harbour Shops garage is getting some good tenants
The Sunset Harbour area of South Beach is sizzlin' and not just thanks to the Pubbelly mafia and the new soul food spot Georgia's Union. Moving into this buzzy 'hood, according to an insider, is Boston-based ice cream shop Emack & Bolio's, Juan Valdez Cafe, So Fi pizza place Fratelli la Bufala, allegedly Icebox Cafe, a bakery, and in a resurrection of sorts, former Lincoln Road Mexican mainstay El Rancho Grande, albeit under a different name. All will likely be tenants in the new retail and garage space being built along Purdy and Bay Aves. Another area insider tells us that Carroll Gardens (Brooklyn) pizza place Lucali is looking into opening in the space next to Barceloneta and, in an attempt to turn the neighborhood into a pizza hot spot, Miami Beach and downtown slicery Pizza Bar lists a Bay Road address on their website with the words 'coming soon'. Stay tuned.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer