Boston-based creamery Emack & Bolio's, El Rancho Grande, FLB & more coming to Purdy Ave.
Sunset Harbour Shops garage is getting some good tenants
The Sunset Harbour area of South Beach is sizzlin' and not just thanks to the Pubbelly mafia and the new soul food spot Georgia's Union. Moving into this buzzy 'hood, according to an insider, is Boston-based ice cream shop Emack & Bolio's, Juan Valdez Cafe, So Fi pizza place Fratelli la Bufala, allegedly Icebox Cafe, a bakery, and in a resurrection of sorts, former Lincoln Road Mexican mainstay El Rancho Grande, albeit under a different name. All will likely be tenants in the new retail and garage space being built along Purdy and Bay Aves. Another area insider tells us that Carroll Gardens (Brooklyn) pizza place Lucali is looking into opening in the space next to Barceloneta and, in an attempt to turn the neighborhood into a pizza hot spot, Miami Beach and downtown slicery Pizza Bar lists a Bay Road address on their website with the words 'coming soon'. Stay tuned.
1900 Bay Dr.
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name