Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
Miami's mobile library teams up with Literary Death Match to celebrate Miami Book Fair International
Happy Hour with Bookleggers, followed by Literary Death Match
Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave.
Free from 6 - 7 p.m.
$10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
Bookworms are coming out of the woodwork this week as Miami celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Miami Book Fair International. For a more animated an interactive experience, head to Bookleggers' happy hour this Friday night at Bardot. The city's popular mobile library teamed up with the national organization Literary Death Match for a competition-style reading with a panel of judges that spice up the intermission with original jokes.
The four authors/readers are required to entertain the audience, which can lead to amazingly awkward fun. This year's judges are some heavy hitters: Daniel Alarcón, author of At Night We Walk in Circles; Meg Cabot, New York Times bestselling author of the Princess Diaries series; and, Albert "Prodigy" Johnson, half of the seminal hip-hop duo Mobb Deep.
Trade, donate or buy a book for $2, Bookleggers always offers one free book to everyone in attendance. Event is free from 6 - 7 p.m. with free Zacapa rum for that hour. Then, entry is $10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
- Dennis Miller performs Sunday with Dana Carvey at Seminole Hard Rock