Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
Miami's mobile library teams up with Literary Death Match to celebrate Miami Book Fair International
Happy Hour with Bookleggers, followed by Literary Death Match
Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave.
Free from 6 - 7 p.m.
$10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
Bookworms are coming out of the woodwork this week as Miami celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Miami Book Fair International. For a more animated an interactive experience, head to Bookleggers' happy hour this Friday night at Bardot. The city's popular mobile library teamed up with the national organization Literary Death Match for a competition-style reading with a panel of judges that spice up the intermission with original jokes.
The four authors/readers are required to entertain the audience, which can lead to amazingly awkward fun. This year's judges are some heavy hitters: Daniel Alarcón, author of At Night We Walk in Circles; Meg Cabot, New York Times bestselling author of the Princess Diaries series; and, Albert "Prodigy" Johnson, half of the seminal hip-hop duo Mobb Deep.
Trade, donate or buy a book for $2, Bookleggers always offers one free book to everyone in attendance. Event is free from 6 - 7 p.m. with free Zacapa rum for that hour. Then, entry is $10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 9 events in Miami this weekend that won't leave you broke - Feb 12-14
- 6 ways to tap into the Miami-London love affair
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight