Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
Miami's mobile library teams up with Literary Death Match to celebrate Miami Book Fair International
Happy Hour with Bookleggers, followed by Literary Death Match
Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave.
Free from 6 - 7 p.m.
$10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
Bookworms are coming out of the woodwork this week as Miami celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Miami Book Fair International. For a more animated an interactive experience, head to Bookleggers' happy hour this Friday night at Bardot. The city's popular mobile library teamed up with the national organization Literary Death Match for a competition-style reading with a panel of judges that spice up the intermission with original jokes.
The four authors/readers are required to entertain the audience, which can lead to amazingly awkward fun. This year's judges are some heavy hitters: Daniel Alarcón, author of At Night We Walk in Circles; Meg Cabot, New York Times bestselling author of the Princess Diaries series; and, Albert "Prodigy" Johnson, half of the seminal hip-hop duo Mobb Deep.
Trade, donate or buy a book for $2, Bookleggers always offers one free book to everyone in attendance. Event is free from 6 - 7 p.m. with free Zacapa rum for that hour. Then, entry is $10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
- Miami Events - September 2015
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23