Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
Miami's mobile library teams up with Literary Death Match to celebrate Miami Book Fair International
Bookworms are coming out of the woodwork this week as Miami celebrates the 30th anniversary of the Miami Book Fair International. For a more animated an interactive experience, head to Bookleggers' happy hour this Friday night at Bardot. The city's popular mobile library teamed up with the national organization Literary Death Match for a competition-style reading with a panel of judges that spice up the intermission with original jokes.
The four authors/readers are required to entertain the audience, which can lead to amazingly awkward fun. This year's judges are some heavy hitters: Daniel Alarcón, author of At Night We Walk in Circles; Meg Cabot, New York Times bestselling author of the Princess Diaries series; and, Albert "Prodigy" Johnson, half of the seminal hip-hop duo Mobb Deep.
Trade, donate or buy a book for $2, Bookleggers always offers one free book to everyone in attendance. Event is free from 6 - 7 p.m. with free Zacapa rum for that hour. Then, entry is $10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
Happy Hour with Bookleggers, followed by Literary Death Match
Bardot, 3456 N. Miami Ave.
Free from 6 - 7 p.m.
$10 from 7 - 10 p.m.
- 11 Holiday-themed Events in Miami
- Prism Creative Group has Miami's social itinerary - Dec. 1-15
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20