Book 'Em: Ingrid Hoffmann
What local authors love about Miami in our new series, Book 'Em.
Host of the Food Network's Simply Delicioso, local dish diva Ingrid Hoffmann knows her way around the kitchen, and spreads the recipe love in her new book, Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist. When she's not cooking, you just may find her in the swamp. Really.
Favorite Miami icon: Gloria Estefan - for making Latin music global and being a positive Hispanic role model.
Restaurant where you'd like to have your last meal: Mom's house with all of the family and friends having whole Christmas turkey with three-meat stuffing.
Favorite Spanish phrase: Delicioso.
Miami wouldn't be Miami without: Calle Ocho and its cortadito windows, and one of my favorite places, the Everglades.
Miami really needs a: bigger airport with better restaurants, shops, massage parlor, etc.
Event you look forward to every year: SoBe Wine & Food Festival, Art Basel.
Favorite hidden gem: Chef Alan Hughs's 190 restaurant in Little Haiti and Clive Butcher's Everglades Swamp tour.
Where you can typically be found on a Sat. night: At home entertaining, dining out with friends or catching a movie.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- 7 best bets for live music this weekend
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- A 'Sound of Music’ that hits many of the right notes
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 9 features you won’t want to miss
- DWNTWN Art Days 2015 this weekend
- Schmooze Over Miami teaches history through a theatrical pub crawl
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center