Book 'Em: Ingrid Hoffmann
What local authors love about Miami in our new series, Book 'Em.
Host of the Food Network's Simply Delicioso, local dish diva Ingrid Hoffmann knows her way around the kitchen, and spreads the recipe love in her new book, Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist. When she's not cooking, you just may find her in the swamp. Really.
Favorite Miami icon: Gloria Estefan - for making Latin music global and being a positive Hispanic role model.
Restaurant where you'd like to have your last meal: Mom's house with all of the family and friends having whole Christmas turkey with three-meat stuffing.
Favorite Spanish phrase: Delicioso.
Miami wouldn't be Miami without: Calle Ocho and its cortadito windows, and one of my favorite places, the Everglades.
Miami really needs a: bigger airport with better restaurants, shops, massage parlor, etc.
Event you look forward to every year: SoBe Wine & Food Festival, Art Basel.
Favorite hidden gem: Chef Alan Hughs's 190 restaurant in Little Haiti and Clive Butcher's Everglades Swamp tour.
Where you can typically be found on a Sat. night: At home entertaining, dining out with friends or catching a movie.
See and Do
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Miami.com debuts ‘Ocho de Noche’ series with exclusive event at Teatro Trail on Aug. 26
- A complete guide to Miami's many museums
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 17-19
- 3 movies to see, 2 to skip this weekend June 10-12
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- Are you ready for a Miami art festival celebrating nudity and eroticism?