Book 'Em: Ingrid Hoffmann
What local authors love about Miami in our new series, Book 'Em.
Host of the Food Network's Simply Delicioso, local dish diva Ingrid Hoffmann knows her way around the kitchen, and spreads the recipe love in her new book, Simply Delicioso: A Collection of Everyday Recipes with a Latin Twist. When she's not cooking, you just may find her in the swamp. Really.
Favorite Miami icon: Gloria Estefan - for making Latin music global and being a positive Hispanic role model.
Restaurant where you'd like to have your last meal: Mom's house with all of the family and friends having whole Christmas turkey with three-meat stuffing.
Favorite Spanish phrase: Delicioso.
Miami wouldn't be Miami without: Calle Ocho and its cortadito windows, and one of my favorite places, the Everglades.
Miami really needs a: bigger airport with better restaurants, shops, massage parlor, etc.
Event you look forward to every year: SoBe Wine & Food Festival, Art Basel.
Favorite hidden gem: Chef Alan Hughs's 190 restaurant in Little Haiti and Clive Butcher's Everglades Swamp tour.
Where you can typically be found on a Sat. night: At home entertaining, dining out with friends or catching a movie.
See and Do
- Pérez Art Museum Miami: 10 features you won’t want to miss
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel
- Big brands descend on Miami Art Week to expose emerging artists to the public
- Accessible Art: Fort Lauderdale art exhibit spotlights 10 female artists, CIFO teams up with Museum of Fine Arts Boston, and MOCA on WPBT Ch. 2
- More gifts pour in as Pérez Art Museum Miami prepares to open
- Bookleggers brings Literary Death Match to Bardot in Miami
- Abstract painter Larry Poons brings art to Miami nature center in January
- Lunch with Lydia: Daughter of Wynwood pioneer carries on father’s mission