Boogie and Bite at the Setai
Rick James and Duck Broth? Sound like an interesting pair? Check out The Setai South Beach's old school jam during the South Beach Food & Wine Festival.
There’s nothing like staying at a hotel that’s center of the South Beach Food & Wine Fest hoopla. If your corns start aching, you can just run upstairs, change into your flip flops and go. The Setai is among your hosts, and even though the following event is technically sold out, if you call the concierge, he can get you a ticket through a "third party." Of course, you didn't hear that from me. Here’s what they’re featuring...
Dim Sum & Disco
Glamorous, chunky-résumé chefs offer boogie and bites. While the DJ spins 70s and 80s disco favorites, enjoy Asian small plates like Malaysian Laksa with Crab Claws and Slow Cooked Duck Eggs in Peking Duck Broth—a dish which is paired up with thoughtful cocktails like the Asian Picnic-- a smoked, pork belly-infused Jack Daniels Bourbon, chile syrup and citrus juice mix.
When: February 27 from 11 p.m. -2 a.m.
Where: The Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 305-520 6000.
- Not Just for Art--the Best of Wynwood's Indie Boutiques
- Halal Guide to Miami
- The Sweetest Ways to Screw Your Bikini Diet in Miami this Summer
- 9 Lunch Spots in Coconut Grove--Newcomers & Classics
- 7 Ways to Play Tourist for a Day in Miami by Land & Sea
- The Getaway: Explore the island of Barbados like a pro with these travel tips
- 3 Family Friendly Staycations in Broward County
- Inside new EAST, Miami hotel at Brickell City Centre
- Yass, Beach: Five Miami Beaches That Are Better Than South Beach
- 8 Best Places For People Watching in Miami