Boogie and Bite at the Setai
Rick James and Duck Broth? Sound like an interesting pair? Check out The Setai South Beach's old school jam during the South Beach Food & Wine Festival.
There’s nothing like staying at a hotel that’s center of the South Beach Food & Wine Fest hoopla. If your corns start aching, you can just run upstairs, change into your flip flops and go. The Setai is among your hosts, and even though the following event is technically sold out, if you call the concierge, he can get you a ticket through a "third party." Of course, you didn't hear that from me. Here’s what they’re featuring...
Dim Sum & Disco
Glamorous, chunky-résumé chefs offer boogie and bites. While the DJ spins 70s and 80s disco favorites, enjoy Asian small plates like Malaysian Laksa with Crab Claws and Slow Cooked Duck Eggs in Peking Duck Broth—a dish which is paired up with thoughtful cocktails like the Asian Picnic-- a smoked, pork belly-infused Jack Daniels Bourbon, chile syrup and citrus juice mix.
When: February 27 from 11 p.m. -2 a.m.
Where: The Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 305-520 6000.
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Travel Deals in Miami, South Florida, the Caribbean & Mexico
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- 10 Best Hotels for Art Lovers & Scenesters during Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- A No Nonsense Guide to Doing South Beach like a Local
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January