BondSt sushi at The Townhouse closing Sunday to make way for high end, European-style pub
Longtime subterranean sushi fave is finito
BondSt, the NYC-originated place some said had the best sushi in South Beach since it opened long, long ago in 2000, "better than Nobu," according to many on one of those reviewer websites, "1 of our very best, original sexy sushi joints in #Miami," tweeted Miami Herald food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott, has closed. According to The Townhouse Hotel website, we must "stay tuned for what's up and coming" in its place. We contacted the hotel and were told that, yes, the restaurant is closing on Sunday and then "something different is going to open." Hotel Director Natalie Kramer confirmed the news saying, "Yes, it's true. BondSt. is leaving, but we're excited!" Different may be debatable considering the new place is going to be a "high-end, European-style pub/lounge," Kramer says, adding "We'll have 'health conscious' appetizers such as grass-fed sliders." Said Facebook commenter Christopher Parsons, "Hmmm, Cooper Ave., South St. and now Bond St. Amir [Ben-Zion] should stop naming his restaurants after streets."
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants