BondSt sushi at The Townhouse closing Sunday to make way for high end, European-style pub
Longtime subterranean sushi fave is finito
BondSt, the NYC-originated place some said had the best sushi in South Beach since it opened long, long ago in 2000, "better than Nobu," according to many on one of those reviewer websites, "1 of our very best, original sexy sushi joints in #Miami," tweeted Miami Herald food critic Victoria Pesce Elliott, has closed. According to The Townhouse Hotel website, we must "stay tuned for what's up and coming" in its place. We contacted the hotel and were told that, yes, the restaurant is closing on Sunday and then "something different is going to open." Hotel Director Natalie Kramer confirmed the news saying, "Yes, it's true. BondSt. is leaving, but we're excited!" Different may be debatable considering the new place is going to be a "high-end, European-style pub/lounge," Kramer says, adding "We'll have 'health conscious' appetizers such as grass-fed sliders." Said Facebook commenter Christopher Parsons, "Hmmm, Cooper Ave., South St. and now Bond St. Amir [Ben-Zion] should stop naming his restaurants after streets."
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"