BONDST has a new executive chef: Andy Choi, former chef de cuisine of Le Cirque
Townhouse Hotel's subterranean sushi spot scores a hot new chef
It's been a while since we talked about BONDST, the NYC sushi import, a South Beach staple and veteran at this point, in the bowels of the Townhouse Hotel. News there now is that they have a brand new executive chef, Andy Choi, the former chef de cuisine at NYC's landmark Le Cirque. A vague bit of PR spin says that Choi "will bring the same innovative approach he used in New York City to the new South Beach outpost of BONDST, where he will introduce classic dishes with the addition of vibrant Miami flavors to please our local melting pot of guests" Less vague is a 2011 post on a chef's table at Le Cirque, for which Choi chose all the dishes, which may give you some idea of what to expect.
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami
- The Rumor Mill: Bal Harbour's La Goulue on way out, Stephen Starr in