Bon Jovi's Tico Torres playing golf for charity
Drummer has a good swing
Have the day off on Friday? Watch Miami Dolphins, NFL alumni, Emmy award winning actors and other celebrities tee off at the Miami Beach Golf Club for the Second Annual Celebrity Golf Tournament, brought to us by Loews Miami Beach Hotel.
The event benefits DonorsChoose.org, an online nonprofit connecting donors to classrooms in need and The Foundation for New Education Initiatives advancing Dade County Public Schools.
Confirmed charitable players are Nat Moore, Bon Jovi drummer, Tico Torres, actors Romany Malco and Tom Welling, best known for his role as Clark Kent on the TV series Smallville.
The 2011 Golf Tournament raised more than $75,000 that funded all Miami Dade County educational projects through Donorschoose.org, said Alex Tonarelli, General Manager, Loews Miami Beach Hotel. “Our team is committed to hosting this tournament for many years to come. Funds raised go directly to many desperately needed educational programs in our county and relieves the burden from our educators who spend thousands out of pocket on school supplies and instructional materials.”
Info: Miami Beach Golf Course 2301 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, Friday, 8:00 am - 2:30 pm www.donorschoose.org
On Our Radar
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert
- Teen Mom 2 star gets plastic surgery in Miami
- Take a class with a dancing pro