Gluttonous buffets, housemade naan, juicy tandoori chicken & more in Lauderhill...
4465 N. University Dr, Lauderhill
Hours: Buffet 11:30am-3pm Monday-Saturday, noon-3:30pm Sunday; dinner 6-10pm Sunday-Thursday, until 11pm Friday-Saturday.
Prices: Lunch buffet $8.95, brunch and dinner buffet $12.95, a la carte starters $3-$10.50, breads $2.50-$3, rice dishes $2-$13, entrees $8-$13, desserts $4.
FYI: Full bar. AX, DN, DS, MC, VS.
As soon as you walk into the spacious new Bombay Grill in Lauderhill, you'll breathe in the heady aromas of cinnamon, cloves and garlic as diners fill their plates with spicy stews, homey vegetables and sweet desserts. Open since August, the 218-seat Bombay is poised to be a destination for Broward's growing Indian community. Owner Paul Rungta is originally from New Delhi, where his family was in the restaurant business for 70 years, but he covers a lot of territory at Bombay Grill, from the vegetarian dishes of South India to the velvety sauces, meats and richer fare of North India and even some Chinese items.
Ambiance: The burgundy dining room is simple but tasteful, with plenty of room for private parties. Four TVs play Bollywood music videos except on Fridays, when a singer performs Bollywood tunes and Saturdays, when there's a pianist. If you want to show off your bhangra moves, stop by.
For a more intimate evening, ask for one of the three semi-private, low tables flanked by cushions. Hookahs are $15.
- The ubiquitous all-you-can-eat buffet: offering 17-22 clearly labeled dishes
- A larger dinner buffet featuring two soups, six appetizers six meat items (among them goat and chicken curries, tandoori chicken and chicken kebab), two Chinese dishes, salad, fresh fruit, pickles, chutney and desserts.
- Delicious mango lassi made with yogurt, fresh sugar-cane juice and coconut water in a just-opened shell
- Creamy chickpea hummus paired with puffy, house-made naan
- Off-the-menu Paneer masala - silky squares of homemade cheese bathed in a creamy tomato sauce spiked with cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and served over basmati rice
- A non-vegetarian thali meal with juicy tandoori chicken, smoky from the clay oven, chicken and goat curry, yellow dal or dal makhani (black lentils and kidney beans in a creamy sauce with tomatoes, cilantro, onions and garlic) plus rice, naan, three chutneys, pickles and a soothing rice pudding
- Grilled lamb chops and kebabs f
- Fiery lamb, goat or chicken vindaloo
- Fish or shrimp tandoori
- Ultra sweet gulab jamun - deep-fried dough balls flavored with rosewater
- Cinnamony carrot halwa, topped with cashews
- The Atlantic Hotel opens two new restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale Beach on April 4
- Weston's D’Angelo Pizza launches 12 for $12 lunch special
- Tsukuro launches "Lucky You" happy hour
- BC Cafe hosts beer pairing dinner March 29
- Grille 401 debuts sushi & sake bar on Las Olas
- Paula DaSilva hosts a three-month "Spring Awakening" brunch series at 3030 Ocean
- SAIA celebrates National Noodle Month with 25% off pad Thai shrimp
- Bite into something new this Feb: Restaurant openings in Wynwood, Fort Lauderdale & Aventura
- Toast National Margarita Day Feb 22
- SAIA woos AIA marathoners with a Feb 16 feast