Bocuse Institute trained Chef Christophe Chastang heads up 50-seat Midtown restaurant The Alchemist
Two seating-only restaurant opens in October
Not to be confused with the high end South Beach clothing boutique of the same name, The Alchemist is a swanky new Midtown restaurant opening in October and featuring the "nouvelle cuisine" (an ironically retro term) of Paul Bocuse Institute trained chef Christophe Chastang. The 14-table, 50-seat-only restaurant will offer 2 seatings and two menu options: the Petite Degustation of five courses at $90 a person or the Complete Degustation of seven courses at $125 a person. The menus will change seasonally, but the Autumn one features--their words, not ours-- amuse-bouche Like a Pisco Sour Cocktail, entree The Lobster, Virtual Green Peas & Yuzu, A Cloud of Verbena, and the five-sense stunning dessert Forrest Spirit served with an iPod. "Some dishes will be finished by trained staff at the table and each will be served with adequate explanation, in turn extending the interactive experience from the kitchen to the patrons," reads a press release, which concludes with the following :
WHAT IT IS NOT:
The Alchemist Restaurant is NOT: 1) a farm-to-table experience 2) a casual dining hot spot.
WHAT IT IS:
A destination for knowledgeable diners who want to expand their gastronomic horizon. A restaurant for the adventurers. Inspired by 3 Michelin star winners Fat Duck in London (http://www.thefatduck.co.uk ) and L’Arnsbourg (http://www.arnsbourg.com/english/index.htm ) .
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot