Bocuse Institute trained Chef Christophe Chastang heads up 50-seat Midtown restaurant The Alchemist
Two seating-only restaurant opens in October
Not to be confused with the high end South Beach clothing boutique of the same name, The Alchemist is a swanky new Midtown restaurant opening in October and featuring the "nouvelle cuisine" (an ironically retro term) of Paul Bocuse Institute trained chef Christophe Chastang. The 14-table, 50-seat-only restaurant will offer 2 seatings and two menu options: the Petite Degustation of five courses at $90 a person or the Complete Degustation of seven courses at $125 a person. The menus will change seasonally, but the Autumn one features--their words, not ours-- amuse-bouche Like a Pisco Sour Cocktail, entree The Lobster, Virtual Green Peas & Yuzu, A Cloud of Verbena, and the five-sense stunning dessert Forrest Spirit served with an iPod. "Some dishes will be finished by trained staff at the table and each will be served with adequate explanation, in turn extending the interactive experience from the kitchen to the patrons," reads a press release, which concludes with the following :
WHAT IT IS NOT:
The Alchemist Restaurant is NOT: 1) a farm-to-table experience 2) a casual dining hot spot.
WHAT IT IS:
A destination for knowledgeable diners who want to expand their gastronomic horizon. A restaurant for the adventurers. Inspired by 3 Michelin star winners Fat Duck in London (http://www.thefatduck.co.uk ) and L’Arnsbourg (http://www.arnsbourg.com/english/index.htm ) .
3252 Buena Vista Ave.
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down