Bobby Brown family hopes to set record straight with reality show
Tommy Brown speaks the truth with Noire Miami about Whitney Houston's brother and more
Just one day after Whitney Houston's brother, Michael, admitted to introducing his sister to drugs in an interview with Oprah on OWN, Bobby Brown's older brother, Tommy, spoke with Noire Miami about his reality show that's in the works and how the truth can set anyone free.
“Now is the time to dispel all of those rumors,” Tommy Brown said while at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach. Tommy was in town attending the National Association of Television Programming Executives conference where he was meeting with cable executives in hopes that his reality show, The Real Browns, would get picked up. “I feel more glad for the relief of her brother Michael more than anything. It's always been a burden for him to carry.”
Tommy admits that the last year has been anything but easy. Months before losing Whitney Houston, the Browns had lost both of their parents. The devastation has created family turmoil. He said that the family dynamic is “dysfunctional.” He believes a reality show will help to bring the family together and correct emotional and financial problems that have torn the family a part. The sizzle reel hints that the family will not shy away from issues that surround Whitney Houston's life and death.
“The study of the show will be an American family truly going through the ups and downs and trying to build relationships back and move forward with or lives and our careers,” Tommy said.
The show will feature his three sisters, their children and include occasional appearances by Bobby Brown, who was often blamed for Whitney Houston's fall from grace. Tommy understands that this show won't be a redeeming moment in the eyes of the public, but he also admits that he's not trying to change any opinions people may have about his family.
“We're real human beings, real people, dealing with real issues,” Tommy said. “Those who get it? Bravo. Those who don't? Bravo.”
- Noire Miami Travel Series: Black Nomads and Travelistas share their tips on traveling internationally
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Five Shades of Green, Kulcha Shok Muzik, SPEAKtacular, and more
- Love Life and the 411 with Jill Tracey April 10 - April 17
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Mike Epps Comedy Show, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Affair, and more
- Love Life and the 411 April 3 - April 10
- Love Life and the 411 March 27 - April 3
- Noire Miami weekend guide: Questlove Spin Session, Miami Ques Spring Fever, Sunday Soiree, and more
- Live from Jazz in the Gardens 2014: Backstage with Jill Tracey
- The party before the party: Friday night party lineup to kick off Jazz in the Gardens
- Bassist Stanley Clarke to appear at Jazz in the Gardens 2014