Bob Marley Mural Art Talk
Miami-based artist discusses his Bob Marley mural at HistoryMiami this Saturday.
Miami-based artist Trek6 was commissioned by HistoryMiami (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) to create a mural to commemorate its upcoming exhibit “Bob Marley Messenger,” opening Oct. 11. The artist’s work, which takes over two walls in the lobby of HistoryMiami, features seven portraits of the reggae legend with intermittent phrases that Trek6 felt captured Marley’s message. “I wanted to make a series of messages that came from Bob Marley’s soul. A couple of words were repeated on the mural - equality, love, peace and understanding. So to me those are the anchor points of what he was trying to express.”
At 1 p.m. Saturday the artist will host a discussion about the work, how diving into Marley’s life and music helped him understand the reggae star’s growth and evolution.
See and Do
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- HistoryMiami's Stiltsville Tour is an only-in-Miami experience
- 5 reasons Back-To-School Season in Miami is amazing