Bob Marley Mural Art Talk
Miami-based artist discusses his Bob Marley mural at HistoryMiami this Saturday.
Miami-based artist Trek6 was commissioned by HistoryMiami (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) to create a mural to commemorate its upcoming exhibit “Bob Marley Messenger,” opening Oct. 11. The artist’s work, which takes over two walls in the lobby of HistoryMiami, features seven portraits of the reggae legend with intermittent phrases that Trek6 felt captured Marley’s message. “I wanted to make a series of messages that came from Bob Marley’s soul. A couple of words were repeated on the mural - equality, love, peace and understanding. So to me those are the anchor points of what he was trying to express.”
At 1 p.m. Saturday the artist will host a discussion about the work, how diving into Marley’s life and music helped him understand the reggae star’s growth and evolution.
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15