Bob Marley Mural Art Talk
Miami-based artist discusses his Bob Marley mural at HistoryMiami this Saturday.
Miami-based artist Trek6 was commissioned by HistoryMiami (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) to create a mural to commemorate its upcoming exhibit “Bob Marley Messenger,” opening Oct. 11. The artist’s work, which takes over two walls in the lobby of HistoryMiami, features seven portraits of the reggae legend with intermittent phrases that Trek6 felt captured Marley’s message. “I wanted to make a series of messages that came from Bob Marley’s soul. A couple of words were repeated on the mural - equality, love, peace and understanding. So to me those are the anchor points of what he was trying to express.”
At 1 p.m. Saturday the artist will host a discussion about the work, how diving into Marley’s life and music helped him understand the reggae star’s growth and evolution.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend