Bob Marley Mural Art Talk
Miami-based artist discusses his Bob Marley mural at HistoryMiami this Saturday.
Miami-based artist Trek6 was commissioned by HistoryMiami (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) to create a mural to commemorate its upcoming exhibit “Bob Marley Messenger,” opening Oct. 11. The artist’s work, which takes over two walls in the lobby of HistoryMiami, features seven portraits of the reggae legend with intermittent phrases that Trek6 felt captured Marley’s message. “I wanted to make a series of messages that came from Bob Marley’s soul. A couple of words were repeated on the mural - equality, love, peace and understanding. So to me those are the anchor points of what he was trying to express.”
At 1 p.m. Saturday the artist will host a discussion about the work, how diving into Marley’s life and music helped him understand the reggae star’s growth and evolution.
See and Do
- 16 Culture Events in Miami to Keep You Socially Fit May 1 - 15
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17
- Country music and ocean conservation converge at Tortuga Music Festival