Bob Marley Mural Art Talk
Miami-based artist discusses his Bob Marley mural at HistoryMiami this Saturday.
Miami-based artist Trek6 was commissioned by HistoryMiami (101 W. Flagler St., Miami) to create a mural to commemorate its upcoming exhibit “Bob Marley Messenger,” opening Oct. 11. The artist’s work, which takes over two walls in the lobby of HistoryMiami, features seven portraits of the reggae legend with intermittent phrases that Trek6 felt captured Marley’s message. “I wanted to make a series of messages that came from Bob Marley’s soul. A couple of words were repeated on the mural - equality, love, peace and understanding. So to me those are the anchor points of what he was trying to express.”
At 1 p.m. Saturday the artist will host a discussion about the work, how diving into Marley’s life and music helped him understand the reggae star’s growth and evolution.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off