B.o.B plays South Florida
The "Airplanes" and "Nothin' On You" rapper performs at Revolution Live on August 24.
B.o.B, the 21-year-old singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist from Atlanta, will bring his first headlining solo jaunt, the Shootin' For Stars Tour, to Revolution Live in Fort Lauderdale on August 24.
When we talked in March to the rapper, born Bobby Ray Simmons, he was hopeful for his future success. Since then, his debut album The Adventures of Bobby Ray debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts, and his two singles, "Nothin' On You" with Bruno Mars, and "Airplanes" with Hayley Williams of Paramore, reached Nos. 1 and 2 respectively on the Hot 100 singles charts. His third single, "Magic" with Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo, is quickly climbing the charts.
B.o.B made brief appearances in South Florida at the Calle Ocho festival in March and at a Kia promotional event in October 2009. He also opened for Lupe Fiasco on the Steppin' Lasers, which never made a stop in Florida.
His recent shows have included his manager B-Rich as DJ, as well as a four-piece band (drums, electric guitar, bass, and keyboards), two back-up singers, and two dancers. B.o.B himself plays acoustic guitar and piano.
Bobby will be joined onstage by long-term partner-in-rhyme, fellow Atlanta-native Playboy Tre. Up-and-coming Alabama rapper Yelawolf is scheduled to open the show.
You can watch a full recent performance on B.o.B's UStream page.
Tickets are $29 for general admission and are available on Ticketmaster.
Shootin' For Stars Tour
Tuesday, August 24
200 West Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- I See Ya
- The Kids
- Haterz Everywhere
- Bet I
- Past My Shades
- Letters From Vietnam
- Lovelier Than You
- No Man's Land
- Don't Let Me Fall
- I'll Be In The Sky
- 5th Dimension
- Nothin' On You
- Ghost In the Machine
- Kids (MGMT cover)
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions