B.o.B plays South Florida
The "Airplanes" and "Nothin' On You" rapper performs at Revolution Live on August 24.
Shootin' For Stars Tour
Tuesday, August 24
200 West Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- I See Ya
- The Kids
- Haterz Everywhere
- Bet I
- Past My Shades
- Letters From Vietnam
- Lovelier Than You
- No Man's Land
- Don't Let Me Fall
- I'll Be In The Sky
- 5th Dimension
- Nothin' On You
- Ghost In the Machine
- Kids (MGMT cover)
B.o.B, the 21-year-old singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist from Atlanta, will bring his first headlining solo jaunt, the Shootin' For Stars Tour, to Revolution Live in Fort Lauderdale on August 24.
When we talked in March to the rapper, born Bobby Ray Simmons, he was hopeful for his future success. Since then, his debut album The Adventures of Bobby Ray debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts, and his two singles, "Nothin' On You" with Bruno Mars, and "Airplanes" with Hayley Williams of Paramore, reached Nos. 1 and 2 respectively on the Hot 100 singles charts. His third single, "Magic" with Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo, is quickly climbing the charts.
B.o.B made brief appearances in South Florida at the Calle Ocho festival in March and at a Kia promotional event in October 2009. He also opened for Lupe Fiasco on the Steppin' Lasers, which never made a stop in Florida.
His recent shows have included his manager B-Rich as DJ, as well as a four-piece band (drums, electric guitar, bass, and keyboards), two back-up singers, and two dancers. B.o.B himself plays acoustic guitar and piano.
Bobby will be joined onstage by long-term partner-in-rhyme, fellow Atlanta-native Playboy Tre. Up-and-coming Alabama rapper Yelawolf is scheduled to open the show.
You can watch a full recent performance on B.o.B's UStream page.
Tickets are $29 for general admission and are available on Ticketmaster.
Music in Miami
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Five things you didn’t know about Madonna
- Ball & Chain debuts live jazz broadcast on WDNA
- Review: Billy Joel rocks Sunrise into the New Year
- Lo mejor del cine alternativo
- Concert Review: Taylor Swift sizzles at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Taylor Swift
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Ricky Martin
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits