Bob & Wilson's
Fort Lauderdale's Bob & Wilson's is a tiny deli with a big hit
Bob & Wilson's
City Park Mall, 100 SE First St, Fort Lauderdale (parking garage complex)
Hours: 7am-3pm Monday-Friday
Prices: Breakfast $1-$6.95, salads $5.95-$7.95, sandwiches $4.95-$7.25, hot daily specials $6.95
FYI: Free Wi-Fi, delivery
Bob Workman and Wilson Devia worked together for about 10 years at Offerdahl's in downtown Fort Lauderdale - Bob as the manager, Wilson the catering manager - before deciding to start their own business. Six months ago, the personable duo opened a deli aptly called Bob & Wilson's, a tiny spot that's already a big hit in the City Park Mall, a plaza under the Fort Lauderdale parking garage (across from the Main Library).
The place caters to the downtown work crowd, serving breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday. Much of its business is takeout, but there are a few tables indoors plus better spots under shady umbrellas on the plaza. Everything's under $10, and you can order online as well as by phone or at the counter. Insiders come for the delicious, house-made soups; hot specials like roasted chicken, meatloaf and arroz con pollo; personal-size quiches; fat sandwiches; salads and Bob's cakes, including "the best cheesecake in Florida."
Quiches - ham and Swiss, spinach and feta or broccoli and Cheddar - are rich, creamy and just the right size for a light lunch paired with a salad. A half sandwich and a cup of soup is another lighter-side option. Soups change daily, but we especially like the summery tomato.
Sandwiches include classic Cuban, B.L.T. and our favorite, the hot corned beef or pastrami on rye - not mile-high but a generous stack, served with chips, cole slaw or potato salad and a deli pickle. The quarter chicken in our hot entree was moist, flavorful and well-seasoned, served with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Grab a slice of Bob's homemade blueberry or pound cake or, for a splurge, strawberry-topped cheesecake. Friends say they've never been disappointed by anything they've ordered at Bob & Wilson's, and after several stops, I'd have to agree.
- Aventura Mall's Bloomingdale’s cafe offers a break from shopping craze
- Makis Place adds more sushi to the Grove
- Bite into grab-and-go gourmet at Fort Lauderdale's Rumi
- Pao Town brings Asian street food to Coral Gables
- Stay in with homey Colombian fare from Davie's La Placita
- Stay in with grilled cheese from Mr. Cheezious
- Stay in with healthy fast food at Fort Lauderdale's Energy Kitchen
- BBQ, margaritas and music await at Brother Jimmy's in South Miami
- Agave Mexican serves Mexican fusion in Deerfield Beach
- Hallandale’s HomeTown Buffet is a buffet bonanza