Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in moves to Coconut Grove
Blue Starlite parks its drive-in theater in the Grove, grand opening June 23.
Blue Starlite Drive-in
3500 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove
The popular pop-up mini drive-in movie theater Blue Starlite Drive-in has been making its way through the zipcodes in Miami, starting off in Wynwood, then moving over to Virginia Key. Now the theater is parking Coconut Grove, right behind the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The Grand Opening is on June 23, which kicks off their new "Weird in Miami" Monday night theme with a double feature of the Marx Brothers' "The Coconuts" and "The Blob." (Both films were made in the 305.) The double feature kicks off at 8:45 p.m.
Here is the full schedule:
June 23 'The Coconuts' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 24 'Mars Attacks' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 25 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 26 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 30 'Swingers' (8:45 p.m.) 'Night of the Living Dead'
July 1 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' (8:45 p.m.)
July 2 'The Big Lebowski' (8:45 p.m.)
See and Do
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31