Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in moves to Coconut Grove
Blue Starlite parks its drive-in theater in the Grove, grand opening June 23.
The popular pop-up mini drive-in movie theater Blue Starlite Drive-in has been making its way through the zipcodes in Miami, starting off in Wynwood, then moving over to Virginia Key. Now the theater is parking Coconut Grove, right behind the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The Grand Opening is on June 23, which kicks off their new "Weird in Miami" Monday night theme with a double feature of the Marx Brothers' "The Coconuts" and "The Blob." (Both films were made in the 305.) The double feature kicks off at 8:45 p.m.
Here is the full schedule:
June 23 'The Coconuts' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 24 'Mars Attacks' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 25 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 26 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 30 'Swingers' (8:45 p.m.) 'Night of the Living Dead'
July 1 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' (8:45 p.m.)
July 2 'The Big Lebowski' (8:45 p.m.)
Blue Starlite Drive-in
3500 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct.2
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit