Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in moves to Coconut Grove
Blue Starlite parks its drive-in theater in the Grove, grand opening June 23.
The popular pop-up mini drive-in movie theater Blue Starlite Drive-in has been making its way through the zipcodes in Miami, starting off in Wynwood, then moving over to Virginia Key. Now the theater is parking Coconut Grove, right behind the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The Grand Opening is on June 23, which kicks off their new "Weird in Miami" Monday night theme with a double feature of the Marx Brothers' "The Coconuts" and "The Blob." (Both films were made in the 305.) The double feature kicks off at 8:45 p.m.
Here is the full schedule:
June 23 'The Coconuts' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 24 'Mars Attacks' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 25 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 26 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 30 'Swingers' (8:45 p.m.) 'Night of the Living Dead'
July 1 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' (8:45 p.m.)
July 2 'The Big Lebowski' (8:45 p.m.)
Blue Starlite Drive-in
3500 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove
See and Do
- Summer Events in Key West that are worth the four-hour drive
- Ultimate guide to South Florida beaches
- The 5 biggest lies about Miami traffic
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Florida Supercon 2016
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30