Blue Starlite Mini Urban Drive-in moves to Coconut Grove
Blue Starlite parks its drive-in theater in the Grove, grand opening June 23.
Blue Starlite Drive-in
3500 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove
The popular pop-up mini drive-in movie theater Blue Starlite Drive-in has been making its way through the zipcodes in Miami, starting off in Wynwood, then moving over to Virginia Key. Now the theater is parking Coconut Grove, right behind the Coconut Grove Playhouse. The Grand Opening is on June 23, which kicks off their new "Weird in Miami" Monday night theme with a double feature of the Marx Brothers' "The Coconuts" and "The Blob." (Both films were made in the 305.) The double feature kicks off at 8:45 p.m.
Here is the full schedule:
June 23 'The Coconuts' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 24 'Mars Attacks' and 'The Blob' double feature (8:45 p.m.)
June 25 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 26 'Grease' singalong (8:45 p.m.) 'Cry Baby' (11 p.m.)
June 30 'Swingers' (8:45 p.m.) 'Night of the Living Dead'
July 1 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' (8:45 p.m.)
July 2 'The Big Lebowski' (8:45 p.m.)
See and Do
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 7-9