Blue Starlite, Austin's mini drive-in theater, parks in Miami
Will show movies in Wynwood this fall
Taking advantage of the fact that Miami is such a driving city where people often love their cars more than people, Austin's awesome Blue Starlite Drive-In plans to permanently settle in Wynwood this fall.
“Anywhere there is a parking lot, Blue Starlite can bring its mobile drive-in with its signature vintage concession stand trailer, its vintage car projection booth, and real drive-in speakers,” says founder Josh Frank.
Since Frank opened his first ‘Mini Urban Drive-in’ in Austin, he has upgraded from an alleyway fitting 18 cars, to a lot on a local movie studio with a 50-car capacity and now, a Miami location.
He is currently executing his national expansion by perfecting his newest drive-in vision "The Drivin’ Drive-in."
While it gets things ready in Wynwood, the drive-in theater is available for rentals for private parties, weddings or whatever anywhere in South Florida. For information on how to do that, go to their website, www.bluestarlitedrivein.com
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14