Short on flow? Try this make-it-at-home body scrub compliments of Bliss Spa at W Fort Lauderdale.
Bliss Spa at W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale
You color your own hair. You groom your pesky pup. You (gasp) mow your own front lawn. You're a do-it-yourself kinda gal.
You deserve a beauty break.
Try this DIY Bliss Spa at W Fort Lauderdale Carrot and Sesame Body Buff recipe...
½ cup sea salt
1 tbsp sesame seeds
½ cup olive oil
2–3 cups whole milk
2 tbsps honey
Step 1. To create the carrot-and-sesame mulch, grate the carrot in a food processor. Transfer it to a medium-size bowl; then stir in the sea salt, sesame seeds and olive oil. Warm the mixture in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Step 2.Take the mulch into the shower and scrub for a top-to-toe sloughing, paying special attention to hardened elbows and knees. Rinse off well with warm water.
Step 3.To emulate the effects of the treatment’s milk-and-honey drizzle and wrap, next prepare a milk-and-honey soak: Combine the milk and honey, and add to a warm bath for seriously soft skin.
Why it works: Wendy Allred, Bliss’s Education Manager says: The carrots are rich in vitamins A, C and K and potassium. The sea salts are remineralizing and a great exfoliant, and the olive oil is very moisturizing to the skin. In the bath portion, the lactic acid in milk is an alpha hydroxy acid, a natural material that dissolves the glue that holds dead skin cells together, and the honey will act as a moisturizer.
- Swim Street Style: Who wore it best at the MBFW SWIM shows
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 3
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 2
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 1
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM heats up at opening party
- RSVP: Miami.com users invited to Salon Allure Opening Party on Friday
- The Top Three Trends of the 90s That Are Back Again
- Swim Talk with La Perla’s Suzy Biszantz
- Dive Into Swim Week 2014
- Open-to-the-Public Swim Week 2014 Events