Bleu Moon Sports Bar
Stay in with the Grove's Bleu Moon Sports Bar
Bleu Moon Sports Bar.
1717 N. Bayshore Dr, Doubletree Grand Condo, Coconut Grove
BleuMoon Sports Bar has been many things: a romantic, low-lit eatery back when it was Blu Moon (drop the e), then a casual if pricey pizza place with a wood-fired oven. Finally, the waterfront spot has found its niche, as a sports bar and magnet for downtown denizens and tourists looking for easy grub and lots of TVs. For the takeout crowd desperate for a quick dinner, it’s also become a go-to spot for decent delivery.
We’ve had mixed results. You would assume a sports bar would excel at casual fare like nachos, potato skins and mozzarella sticks, but those kinds of quickies aren’t up to speed here (an exception: addictively crispy and salty French fries à la Burger King). The nachos were drowning in sour cream and American cheese; skins were dry as a deck of cards; the so called Moon Sticks were crumbly and cakey. Even my toddler turned up her nose.
However, Mini Moon Burgers – sliders, served on a deliciously fresh brioche with ample lettuce, tomato and sweet onions – were a hit. (Just make sure you order rare and you might get them medium well.) What saves Bleu Moon are more inspired entrees like the Shanghai Wok Delight – perfectly grilled chicken breast strips with glass noodles amid julienne carrots and green beans, perfectly al dente. No problem, either, with the Neptune Grill, a nicely seasoned piece of salmon with a tangy pineapple salsa; or the Moonlight Spaghetti, pasta topped with a juicy skirt steak sautéed with red wine and fresh tomatoes.
The pizza oven remains, so go for it – a classic Margherita does the trick with house -ade tomato sauce and basil and a properly thin, crispy crust. Or get experimental with the L’Atomica, piled with chorizo, pepperoni, salami and jalapenos. That cleared up my cold, and quick.
Warm apple crisp served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream made for a sweet ending.
- Aventura Mall's Bloomingdale’s cafe offers a break from shopping craze
- Makis Place adds more sushi to the Grove
- Bite into grab-and-go gourmet at Fort Lauderdale's Rumi
- Pao Town brings Asian street food to Coral Gables
- Stay in with homey Colombian fare from Davie's La Placita
- Stay in with grilled cheese from Mr. Cheezious
- Stay in with healthy fast food at Fort Lauderdale's Energy Kitchen
- BBQ, margaritas and music await at Brother Jimmy's in South Miami
- Agave Mexican serves Mexican fusion in Deerfield Beach
- Hallandale’s HomeTown Buffet is a buffet bonanza