The Blacksmith cocktail pop-up every Friday at The Well starting September 28
Boozy sibling of The Dining Room offers $200 "artisanal" bottle service, small plates & cigars
444 41st St.
A boozy wanderlust has struck the folks at the currently without a home restaurant The Dining Room in the form of The Blacksmith, a Friday night-only pop-up showing up at The Well on September 28. Among the offerings: "an artisanal bottle service starting at $200 that will feature an interactive experience with an array of condiments," including bar snacks such as black sea-salt dusted popcorn and Peruvian corn nuts," recipe cards and multiple mixers to turn any big spender into an erstwhile mixologist.
A small plates menu by Chef Horacio Rivadero will offer $12 dishes of filet mignon skewers with red beet chimichuri, Florida gulf shrimp ceviche with pink grapefruit, black peppercorns and pink sea salt, and a chorizo corn dog with fresh ground mustard.
The Blacksmith also has a 'fully ventilated" cigar bar featuring all sorts of smokes including "flavored cigars for the ladies." A six-piece house band cultivated by local musician Buffalo Brown will play "jazzy rock covers." Doors will open at 8:30 p.m. every Friday.
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef