Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
Food mag Bon Appetit gives props to Richard Hales' midtown newcomer.
Miami's Blackbrick Chinese has landed on Bon Appetit magazine's list of Best New Restaurants for 2014.
The mag says chef-owner Richard Hales "ups the Chinese food and dim sum game in Miami" with "drop-dead, seriously delicious food."
Blackbrick's pork cheek dumplings and Sichuan-style twice-cooked brussels sprouts get nods as can't-miss dishes.
It was the only Florida restaurant to make this year's top 50. See the full list.
(And hat tip to David Rosendorf for the photo used here and by BA.)
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi