Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
Food mag Bon Appetit gives props to Richard Hales' midtown newcomer.
Miami's Blackbrick Chinese has landed on Bon Appetit magazine's list of Best New Restaurants for 2014.
The mag says chef-owner Richard Hales "ups the Chinese food and dim sum game in Miami" with "drop-dead, seriously delicious food."
Blackbrick's pork cheek dumplings and Sichuan-style twice-cooked brussels sprouts get nods as can't-miss dishes.
It was the only Florida restaurant to make this year's top 50. See the full list.
(And hat tip to David Rosendorf for the photo used here and by BA.)
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall
- Burgers and pizzas: New Miami restaurants opening with the classics