Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
Food mag Bon Appetit gives props to Richard Hales' midtown newcomer.
Miami's Blackbrick Chinese has landed on Bon Appetit magazine's list of Best New Restaurants for 2014.
The mag says chef-owner Richard Hales "ups the Chinese food and dim sum game in Miami" with "drop-dead, seriously delicious food."
Blackbrick's pork cheek dumplings and Sichuan-style twice-cooked brussels sprouts get nods as can't-miss dishes.
It was the only Florida restaurant to make this year's top 50. See the full list.
(And hat tip to David Rosendorf for the photo used here and by BA.)
3451 NE First Ave., Miami
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again
- A reason for Miami foodies to drive north to Palm Beach