Bistro BE to import Belgian beer and bites in Brickell
The new bistro opens next month at 1111 SW First Ave. in downtown Miami.
The all-Belgian team behind the new Bistro BE is planning to open the doors to their new Brickell restaurant by mid-July.
Owner Emmanuel Verschueren, chef Frederik Appelt and manager Philippe Walschaerts will oversee the 110-seat space, which includes an open kitchen centered around a modern-contemporary design in the Axis Brickell (1111 SW First Ave.).
Verschueren says he wants Bistro BE to show diners that "Belgian cuisine is more than mussels, frites and waffles," explaining its influence from both French and German traditions. (That said, Bistro BE's menu will feature mussels and frites and waffles in both savory and sweet forms.)
The bistro's Belgian-focused beer list will include more than 50 bottled varieties and eight draft options, and Verschueren promises proper glassware, serving temperature and pouring technique. Wine also will be available.
Bistro BE will serve lunch and dinner daily.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo