Bistro BE to import Belgian beer and bites in Brickell
The new bistro opens next month at 1111 SW First Ave. in downtown Miami.
The all-Belgian team behind the new Bistro BE is planning to open the doors to their new Brickell restaurant by mid-July.
Owner Emmanuel Verschueren, chef Frederik Appelt and manager Philippe Walschaerts will oversee the 110-seat space, which includes an open kitchen centered around a modern-contemporary design in the Axis Brickell (1111 SW First Ave.).
Verschueren says he wants Bistro BE to show diners that "Belgian cuisine is more than mussels, frites and waffles," explaining its influence from both French and German traditions. (That said, Bistro BE's menu will feature mussels and frites and waffles in both savory and sweet forms.)
The bistro's Belgian-focused beer list will include more than 50 bottled varieties and eight draft options, and Verschueren promises proper glassware, serving temperature and pouring technique. Wine also will be available.
Bistro BE will serve lunch and dinner daily.
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami