Bistro BE to import Belgian beer and bites in Brickell
The new bistro opens next month at 1111 SW First Ave. in downtown Miami.
The all-Belgian team behind the new Bistro BE is planning to open the doors to their new Brickell restaurant by mid-July.
Owner Emmanuel Verschueren, chef Frederik Appelt and manager Philippe Walschaerts will oversee the 110-seat space, which includes an open kitchen centered around a modern-contemporary design in the Axis Brickell (1111 SW First Ave.).
Verschueren says he wants Bistro BE to show diners that "Belgian cuisine is more than mussels, frites and waffles," explaining its influence from both French and German traditions. (That said, Bistro BE's menu will feature mussels and frites and waffles in both savory and sweet forms.)
The bistro's Belgian-focused beer list will include more than 50 bottled varieties and eight draft options, and Verschueren promises proper glassware, serving temperature and pouring technique. Wine also will be available.
Bistro BE will serve lunch and dinner daily.
1111 SW First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week