Bistro BE to import Belgian beer and bites in Brickell
The new bistro opens next month at 1111 SW First Ave. in downtown Miami.
The all-Belgian team behind the new Bistro BE is planning to open the doors to their new Brickell restaurant by mid-July.
Owner Emmanuel Verschueren, chef Frederik Appelt and manager Philippe Walschaerts will oversee the 110-seat space, which includes an open kitchen centered around a modern-contemporary design in the Axis Brickell (1111 SW First Ave.).
Verschueren says he wants Bistro BE to show diners that "Belgian cuisine is more than mussels, frites and waffles," explaining its influence from both French and German traditions. (That said, Bistro BE's menu will feature mussels and frites and waffles in both savory and sweet forms.)
The bistro's Belgian-focused beer list will include more than 50 bottled varieties and eight draft options, and Verschueren promises proper glassware, serving temperature and pouring technique. Wine also will be available.
Bistro BE will serve lunch and dinner daily.
1111 SW First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza
- UberEATS expands delivery west to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Miami
- Can these cupcakes save Lolita the killer whale?