Bird Road Art Walk features Cuban hip-hop, pottery demo plus new openings
Bird Road Art Walk features a concert by Cuban rappers, pottery demo plus many openings.
Bird Road Art Walk
7-10 p.m. Saturday, July 20
South of SW 40th Street between SW 72nd and 75th Avenues
Galleries in the Bird Road Art District (south of SW 40th Street between SW 72nd and 75th Avenues) open their doors to the public every third Saturday from 7-10 p.m. with new exhibitions, artist meet & greets and concerts. This month’s offerings include a live demonstration on the potter’s wheel at Anhinga Clay Studios (4600 SW 75th Ave.), an opening reception for Juan Gonzalez Bolivar’s solo show “Paisaje” at Arte Venezolano en Miami (7432 SW 42nd St.), a concert with Cuban hip-hop artists (7416 SW 75th Ave.) and a group exhibition at H. Benitez Gallery II (4277 SW 75th Ave.) entitled “Sombreros con Vicios” featuring works by Julio Bordas, Holly A. Jones and more. For more a complete list of participating venues visit www.thebirdroadartdistrict.com.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14