Bird Road Art Walk features Cuban hip-hop, pottery demo plus new openings
Bird Road Art Walk features a concert by Cuban rappers, pottery demo plus many openings.
Bird Road Art Walk
7-10 p.m. Saturday, July 20
South of SW 40th Street between SW 72nd and 75th Avenues
Galleries in the Bird Road Art District (south of SW 40th Street between SW 72nd and 75th Avenues) open their doors to the public every third Saturday from 7-10 p.m. with new exhibitions, artist meet & greets and concerts. This month’s offerings include a live demonstration on the potter’s wheel at Anhinga Clay Studios (4600 SW 75th Ave.), an opening reception for Juan Gonzalez Bolivar’s solo show “Paisaje” at Arte Venezolano en Miami (7432 SW 42nd St.), a concert with Cuban hip-hop artists (7416 SW 75th Ave.) and a group exhibition at H. Benitez Gallery II (4277 SW 75th Ave.) entitled “Sombreros con Vicios” featuring works by Julio Bordas, Holly A. Jones and more. For more a complete list of participating venues visit www.thebirdroadartdistrict.com.
See and Do
- 'Book of Mormon' to hold $25 ticket lottery at Arsht
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 21-23
- Top events for the Miami Book Fair International
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20