It's a bike party - and everyone's invited. Head to downtown on Sunday, Oct. 4 for the City of Miami's "Bike Miami Days".
It's a bike party - and everyone's invited. Head to downtown Miami this Sunday, October 4th, for the City of Miami's "Bike Miami Days" event. There's free bike rentals, free music, free yoga and so much more.
"It's more than promoting bike awareness," said Kathryn Moore, the Bike Miami Day's coordinator.
"It's about community and getting people involved in their surroundings."
Stages with live shows will be set up in three different locations: the courthouse, SE 1st street and SE 1st Avenue, and in Mary Brickell Village. You can groove to music from Suenalo, Afrobeta, Elastic Bond and Jazzilla en route to Tre Miami, where a free mimosa is yours when you sit for brunch.
If you're in the mood for something more serene, take your yoga mat to Bayfront Park at 10 a.m.
Want to take the family? Pack everyone up. Tandem bikes are available for rides, and former Miami Heat start Tim Hardaway will be hosting the Children's Corner. He'll read to kids and play basketball.
It all starts at 9 a.m. and goes until 2:30. If you're in the mood to keep going, head over to Tobacco Road for drink specials at the official after party.
See and Do
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 16-18
- Festival of Chocolate arrives in Miami this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 16-18
- Shakespeare Miami takes on ‘The Tempest’
- Tamiami International Orchid Festival unites lovers of exotic plants
- Take a drive through South Dade at the Redland Riot Road Rallye