Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
New burger options let you put an egg on it — or peanut butter, or crab, or hash browns, or...
It's not uncommon to see police officers and other Miami Beach city employees grabbing a bite at retro-cool SoFi diner Big Pink.
(They probably know this insider secret: Big Pink's burgers are ground from the same beef that owner Myles Chefetz sources for Prime 112, his heavy-hitter steakhouse around the corner.)
Now they have eight more reasons to stop by BP. Chefetz just added these government-themed burgers — $13-$19 — to the menu (we're not sure what department the waffle burger honors), which still includes classics like the Mushroom & Swiss and the double-patty Pink Daddy Mack:
The Mayor: Smoked pulled BBQ pork, jack cheese and BBQ sauce, topped with cole slaw and fried onion rings.
Building Department: Grilled ham, apple slices, brie cheese, honey mustard.
Chief of Police: Bacon cheddar burger on brioche bun, schmeared with peanut butter and mayo.
Waffle Burger: Bacon cheddar burger, fried egg, between two waffles and served with maple syrup.
Code Compliance: Mac & Cheese, more cheddar cheese and topped with Ruffles BBQ potato chips.
Coast Guard: Burger topped with jumbo lump crab cake, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and tartar sauce.
Public Works: Burger topped with applewood smoked bacon, fried egg, hash browns and melted cheddar.
Fire Rescue: Burger with jalapeño poppers, pepper jack cheese, applewood smoked bacon and sriracha mayo.
- The List: Corsair's Scott Conant
- Chef changes at Verde, Steak 954, Makoto
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Christmas and NYE 2014: A Holiday Dining Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon