Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
New burger options let you put an egg on it — or peanut butter, or crab, or hash browns, or...
It's not uncommon to see police officers and other Miami Beach city employees grabbing a bite at retro-cool SoFi diner Big Pink.
(They probably know this insider secret: Big Pink's burgers are ground from the same beef that owner Myles Chefetz sources for Prime 112, his heavy-hitter steakhouse around the corner.)
Now they have eight more reasons to stop by BP. Chefetz just added these government-themed burgers — $13-$19 — to the menu (we're not sure what department the waffle burger honors), which still includes classics like the Mushroom & Swiss and the double-patty Pink Daddy Mack:
The Mayor: Smoked pulled BBQ pork, jack cheese and BBQ sauce, topped with cole slaw and fried onion rings.
Building Department: Grilled ham, apple slices, brie cheese, honey mustard.
Chief of Police: Bacon cheddar burger on brioche bun, schmeared with peanut butter and mayo.
Waffle Burger: Bacon cheddar burger, fried egg, between two waffles and served with maple syrup.
Code Compliance: Mac & Cheese, more cheddar cheese and topped with Ruffles BBQ potato chips.
Coast Guard: Burger topped with jumbo lump crab cake, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and tartar sauce.
Public Works: Burger topped with applewood smoked bacon, fried egg, hash browns and melted cheddar.
Fire Rescue: Burger with jalapeño poppers, pepper jack cheese, applewood smoked bacon and sriracha mayo.
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy
- Alicia Silverstone talks Moby, vegan food and Miami's Seed Festival
- The List: Michael Mina's Miami restaurant picks
- Cvi.Che 105 set to open in South Beach
- 50 Eggs guest chef dinner features Macchialina's Michael Pirolo