Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
New burger options let you put an egg on it — or peanut butter, or crab, or hash browns, or...
It's not uncommon to see police officers and other Miami Beach city employees grabbing a bite at retro-cool SoFi diner Big Pink.
(They probably know this insider secret: Big Pink's burgers are ground from the same beef that owner Myles Chefetz sources for Prime 112, his heavy-hitter steakhouse around the corner.)
Now they have eight more reasons to stop by BP. Chefetz just added these government-themed burgers — $13-$19 — to the menu (we're not sure what department the waffle burger honors), which still includes classics like the Mushroom & Swiss and the double-patty Pink Daddy Mack:
The Mayor: Smoked pulled BBQ pork, jack cheese and BBQ sauce, topped with cole slaw and fried onion rings.
Building Department: Grilled ham, apple slices, brie cheese, honey mustard.
Chief of Police: Bacon cheddar burger on brioche bun, schmeared with peanut butter and mayo.
Waffle Burger: Bacon cheddar burger, fried egg, between two waffles and served with maple syrup.
Code Compliance: Mac & Cheese, more cheddar cheese and topped with Ruffles BBQ potato chips.
Coast Guard: Burger topped with jumbo lump crab cake, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and tartar sauce.
Public Works: Burger topped with applewood smoked bacon, fried egg, hash browns and melted cheddar.
Fire Rescue: Burger with jalapeño poppers, pepper jack cheese, applewood smoked bacon and sriracha mayo.
157 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it
- What Zika? Governor visits Wynwood to promote dining event
- Where to eat great food, drink great wine and beer — and raise money